That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does it contain the models in this thread ?
Well, I'm not sure but it depends if the uploader decided to put them into their zip.
Here's my smash folder. It contains mods for: Bowser, Bayonetta, Pikachu, Mario, Mega Man, Link, Charizard, and Zero Suit Samus.
They all should have css images so you will know what they are.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kjp5q1otq1x575z/smash.zip

Hopefully I don't get banned for uploading this.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country

Wonkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got bored, so I created Palutena in the style of Dark Pit
Some snapshots
YitzpY2.jpg

mVaRhJI.jpg

mVaRhJI.jpg

Ya4V65x.jpg

VN394uC.jpg
also included some UI (they're pretty bad though, feel free to leave out the UI folder)
QzBk1dM.png

lQwH85G.png

l5pTVkk.png

W7i7uuS.png

xcPIUD9.png

Attachments

• Dark_Palutena.rar
    355.2 KB · Views: 1,600
Reactions: ArcPh1r3

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have like no artistic ablility, but I really want to learn how to make custom skins and CSPs. Can anyone get me started? I want to start simple and make a PM-inspired purple Marth, but I have no idea what to do. I've already ported his textures for his useless second blue costume to a PNG. I just have no clue as to actually editing textures and the CSPs. I have paint.net and GIMP. I just have no idea how to create textures! I want to recolor him to be purple, just like the PM alternate. How did you guys make awesome textures and CSPs in GIMP? I want to contribute to this thread and the hacking scene, too! Can some one give me a crash course?

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have like no artistic ablility, but I really want to learn how to make custom skins and CSPs. Can anyone get me started? I want to start simple and make a PM-inspired purple Marth, but I have no idea what to do. I've already ported his textures for his useless second blue costume to a PNG. I just have no clue as to actually editing textures and the CSPs. I have paint.net and GIMP. I just have no idea how to create textures! I want to recolor him to be purple, just like the PM alternate. How did you guys make awesome textures and CSPs in GIMP? I want to contribute to this thread and the hacking scene, too! Can some one give me a crash course?
Sorry, if I read your post wrong but did you dump super smash bros yet?

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I've got saltysd 1.1.6 all set up already, and the texture I want to edit dumped to a PNG (which is an official Marth recolor), I just don't know how to actually go about creating custom textures. Just clarifying, I just want to recolor him purple, but I also want to make him a CSP and stuff. I just want to learn how to create character skins and CSP stuff to contribute to this thread.

And yes, I dumped the CSP stuff to PNG too, with a .tex editor.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I've got saltysd 1.1.6 all set up already, and the texture I want to edit dumped to a PNG (which is an official Marth recolor), I just don't know how to actually go about creating custom textures. Just clarifying, I just want to recolor him purple, but I also want to make him a CSP and stuff. I just want to learn how to create character skins and CSP stuff to contribute to this thread.

And yes, I dumped the CSP stuff to PNG too, with a .tex editor.
I really don't have experience doing recolors so I don't know anything simpler than just coloring each individual pixel.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang... That'd suck. Oh well. If that really is the only way, then I guess I'll do it. Idk. How did the other people on this thread make their recolors? I want to copy their method since it looks so good.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang... That'd suck. Oh well. If that really is the only way, then I guess I'll do it. Idk. How did the other people on this thread make their recolors? I want to copy their method since it looks so good.
I know people don't like when someone does this but you could tag the person in a post (and he/she will get a notification) so you can ask yourself.

Wonkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gryz So for the character skins, you'll have to use Ohana3ds to dump the png from h0X folder (the c0X folder is literally the same texture but downscaled). Remember to open up the hand model before you open up the character models. After you open up the character model, you can dump the texture. From there, you can edit the texture to your heart's content. It may be annoying trying to figure out where which part goes where, but you'll figure it out. Afterwards, import the edited texture back into Ohana3DS, and save the file. Now that you have the files for the h0X folder (the higher quality textures when paused), you'll need to make some for the c0X folder (which are the ingame graphics). Just simply downscale the editted texture from 512x256 to 256x256 and import that image into Ohana3DS and click save. Once you've done that, copy h0X and c0X folder onto your SD card under the directory SDCARD:\saltySD\smash\model\fighter\whateverfighteryouchose\body\. Now you should see your custom texture in game.

If you would like to change the CSP, you'll have to use Sm4shTex (which I believe you've already found). Now navigate to "...\data\ui\replace\chr\" in your extracted data. There are 3 things you're going to want to change.
  1. chr_00 (the large picture under the percentage on the bottom screen)
  2. chr_20 (the thumbnail that shows up when paused mid fight)
  3. stock_00 (the stock icon that shows up in battle)
I've also seen others include chr_13, but I'm not quite sure what it does. chr_10 changes the icon on the CSS. So say I want to replace the CSS of Palutena's 2nd skin. I would create a file called "chr_00_Palutena_02.tex" inside the chr_00 folder, a file called "chr_20_Palutena_02.tex" in the chr_20 folder, and a "stock_00_Palutena_02.tex" file in the stock_00 folder. I would then copy this to my SD card under the directory "SDCARD:\saltySD\smash\ui\replace\chr\". Note that if this directory does not exist, you must create it.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have misunderstood me. I know how to dump\load custom textures. I have the textures and CSPs of Marth to edit and I know how to load them. I want to know a good way to EDIT them for recolors. I just don't know how to use Ps and GIMP, that's all. Thanks anyway, though.

Wonkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have misunderstood me. I know how to dump\load custom textures. I have the textures and CSPs of Marth to edit and I know how to load them. I want to know a good way to EDIT them for recolors. I just don't know how to use Ps and GIMP, that's all. Thanks anyway, though.
Oooooooooh, my bad. Not sure if I can help you here.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! Just figured out how to use GIMP to recolor stuff. Here is my first creation:

HNI_0016.JPG

HNI_0017.JPG

HNI_0018.JPG

Oops! Forgot to mention you need the .mbn file included, since this is a model edit. Just don't remove anything, and it will work perfect! Enjoy! :)

@ArcPh1r3 Put this in the main thread so everyone can see. :)

Attachments

• Super Metroid Style Zero Suit Samus.zip
    235.2 KB · Views: 1,051
Reactions: ArcPh1r3 and Manito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night