Hacking Smash 3DS stuck on infinite loading screen when Luma game patching is enabled.

Roboticoblitera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get mods working on Smash by installing some skins. It went well, and the mods loaded fine on regular matches/Training mode. However, whenever I try to start All-Star Mode with some characters (Mario worked fine, Mega Man and Sonic did not), it'd get stuck on the loading screen for the first round.

I found out by reading some other threads that this is because game patching is enabled. I disabled it, and sure enough, the game works fine, but I don't have access to my mods anymore for obvious reasons.

Is there some workaround? I'm trying to do all the Challenges, and I don't want to spend hours getting the "Beat All-Star Mode with every character" one without mods. Like a caveman. I'd also like the just play the game normally without worrying about running into another infinite loading screen, because apparently it's not limited to ASM.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go throught your mod list and find your busted mod, then see if it's broken, if it is redownload it. if it's not, then there's a incompadibiliy beween some of them, disable said incompadible mods and try to play said game

Roboticoblitera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go throught your mod list and find your busted mod, then see if it's broken, if it is redownload it. if it's not, then there's a incompadibiliy beween some of them, disable said incompadible mods and try to play said game
Is there any reason to believe it's a specific mod that's causing this? I haven't modded any stages, and the only character who appears in the first round of ASM who I installed a skin on is Luigi, who has one on his 8th slot. Said skin seems to work fine when I use it in Smash mode, even on the stages that show up on ASM's first round.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to believe it's a specific mod that's causing this? I haven't modded any stages, and the only character who appears in the first round of ASM who I installed a skin on is Luigi, who has one on his 8th slot. Said skin seems to work fine when I use it in Smash mode, even on the stages that show up on ASM's first round.
Could always be the issue, Maybe you got a bad mod

Roboticoblitera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could always be the issue, Maybe you got a bad mod
Okay, I've just uninstalled every mod (literally just deleted the saltysd folder), and I still get the infinite loading screen. It seems like turning off game patching is the only thing preventing that.

Are there any other solutions, or is using mods and playing All-Star Mode at the same time just impossible?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe you've mentioned if you're using the latest version of Luma?

I'm trying to do all the Challenges, and I don't want to spend hours getting the "Beat All-Star Mode with every character" one without mods.
Why not just download a 100% save file, and save yourself from having to play the game at all..?

Roboticoblitera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe you've mentioned if you're using the latest version of Luma?

Why not just download a 100% save file, and save yourself from having to play the game at all..?
'Cause I wanna play the game. Gives me a reason to play Smash Run.

I'm running 11.0. That's the latest, right?

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've just uninstalled every mod (literally just deleted the saltysd folder), and I still get the infinite loading screen. It seems like turning off game patching is the only thing preventing that.

Are there any other solutions, or is using mods and playing All-Star Mode at the same time just impossible?
Try to manually patch it then, or you may have a bad dump, try a checksum of said game and a clean one of the net (Dont ask where to get it)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'Cause I wanna play the game. Gives me a reason to play Smash Run.
I don't get it. You want to play it, but you don't want to play it..? Do you need a reason to play Smash Run that you wouldn't have with a 100% save file? I suspect there are save editors that let you selectively unlock things, but I haven't looked into it. Whatever.

or you may have a bad dump
If it was a bad dump, why would it work with patching disabled?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, manually patching it might be the way to go. a lot of those patchers have checksum verifiers, and they won't patch the file if the checksum doesn't match. this is a patch file like an ips or bps or xdelta, right? if it's a romfs type thing, then I guess that won't work.

Roboticoblitera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, manually patching it might be the way to go. a lot of those patchers have checksum verifiers, and they won't patch the file if the checksum doesn't match. this is a patch file like an ips or bps or xdelta, right? if it's a romfs type thing, then I guess that won't work.
I only have one ips file, the High Poly Code I was told to install in a "How to Install Mods for Smash 3DS" guide on gamebanana (alongside its Lite version). I'm not sure exactly what RomFS is, but it sounds like something I'd need to manually patch, unless this LayeredFS game patching guide I'm looking at is the wrong one.

I'm rereading both guides now, and I'm wondering if maybe I should've put the ips in the luma folder, like the long version of the guide recommends, as opposed to the ModMoon folder, which is what the Lite version says to do.

EDIT: Okay, I went and took a look, and it turns out I put the ips file in both the ModMoon and luma folders (in the correct directories, to be clear), so I just removed the one from the ModMoon folder to see if that was causing the problem, but I get the same result even with just one ips file.

I might want to try using LayeredFS by putting the mod files in the /luma/titles/<titleID>/romfs directory, but I'm not sure exactly what the path should be. Would I put the smash folder in romfs (luma/titles/<titleID>/romfs/smash/model...), or am I missing some steps?

Last edited by Roboticoblitera,

Roboticoblitera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's come to my attention that I don't know how to manually patch a game. Those tutorials I was looking at didn't seem to help. I've looked at some other threads that said game patching stopped working for them, but that they were able to circumvent it by manually patching, so it's definitely something I want to look into.

Does anyone have a tutorial for that? Does Smash Forge have anything to do with this?

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's come to my attention that I don't know how to manually patch a game. Those tutorials I was looking at didn't seem to help. I've looked at some other threads that said game patching stopped working for them, but that they were able to circumvent it by manually patching, so it's definitely something I want to look into.

Does anyone have a tutorial for that? Does Smash Forge have anything to do with this?
Online patcher

https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)