Smartphones in video games [spoilers]

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing a smartphone in Pokemon Legends Arceus annoys me. The game is loosely based on feudal Japan so the main character owning a smartphone is very out of place. So is the fact that the characters don't look ethnically Japanese. Maybe there is some later story element I haven't seen yet which explains the smartphone.

We saw something similar in Breath of the Wild but in that game the story's explanation was good enough for the setting.

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing a smartphone in Pokemon Legends Arceus annoys me. The game is loosely based on feudal Japan so the main character owning a smartphone is very out of place. So is the fact that the characters don't look ethnically Japanese. Maybe there is some later story element I haven't seen yet which explains the smartphone.

We saw something similar in Breath of the Wild but in that game the story's explanation was good enough for the setting.
For a smartphone, it isn't very good at making calls.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

PL:A is an Isekai. In the very beginning of the game, literally the first cutscene before you're even playing, it shows the protagonist as an ordinary modern day person with a smartphone in a Pokéball-themed case. The "mysterious" entity talking to him turns his phone into an "Arc-Phone" and sends him to feudal Sinnoh (then called Hisui) through a spacetime rift on top of a mountain. He literally falls from the sky into a new world. This is the very first thing that happens in the game. Nobody else has a cellphone, just him, because he's the one who came from the future, or another dimension, or whatever. And the NPCs won't shut up about him falling through the sky through the whole first half of the game. That's your explanation. Literally the first thing the game does is explain that cell phone to you, before you can even use it.

When you decide to complain about something, paying attention to what you're complaining about is a good idea. Otherwise you'll just look stupid.

Last edited by Gep_Etto,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

looks like someone didn't see the intro to the game.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Your character is literally Lucas or Dawn from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Who got sent to the past by Arceus. This is implied from the very first cutscene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-