Hardware Small scratches

PKZeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, may someone please tell me if there is a fix for this small scratch on the ride side of the switch? It was caused by me rubbing a pushpin against it to remove a piece of dirt and it slid across the right side and left a small minor scratch as you can see here : https://imgur.com/a/KdKbZNn

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I can't think of a way to remove the scratch that would still retain the brand new look. There are replacement housings for the front and back but that would require you to remove the digitizer and disassemble the entire thing as well.

Put a band-aid™ on it and call it a battle scar.

PKZeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I can't think of a way to remove the scratch that would still retain the brand new look. There are replacement housings for the front and back but that would require you to remove the digitizer and disassemble the entire thing as well.

Put a band-aid™ on it and call it a battle scar.
Can you please link me some replacement housings i will take it to ubreakifix and see if they can do it for me.

PKZeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i made a service repair order with nintendo for cosmetic repair, if anyone has the same issue as me just contact nintendi and they will help you sending you a new one back! Also make sure to ask for Overnight shipping back!

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i made a service repair order with nintendo for cosmetic repair, if anyone has the same issue as me just contact nintendi and they will help you sending you a new one back! Also make sure to ask for Overnight shipping back!
Really .... That's neat. May I ask how much that cost by chance?
In case you were still interested, here is a link:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/gGNrj5A

Clapmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would personally just buy a replacement housing and then put a couple of years of wear and tear into it and then switch them out so in a couple years you have a new looking Switch. Portable devices are going to get scratched over time unless you keep some kind of protective case on it at all times.

Reactions: PyroGoat

PKZeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really .... That's neat. May I ask how much that cost by chance?
In case you were still interested, here is a link:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/gGNrj5A

Repair Details: Cosmetic Issues (Housing) / 7150
Repair Order Total: $0.00
Its a free and covered by warranty and i got free overnight shipping cuz i asked for it Lol. Thats for it to be sent back to me btw. And thanks for the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over