Small concern with Sysnand's CTRNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Autz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Autz
    OP

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    I'm thinking to do the Arm9LoaderHax setup, i've readed the steps and i'm kind of familiar with the process after read them over and over. However, there's something that bothers me, and is my own Sysnand.

You see, in the past i've injected FBI on Sysnand to install some DSi VC games, and after some time, i've formatted my Sysnand (Information here) to unlink the NANDs. Then the H&S app does not appear on Sysnand anymore, which is a clear sign of CTRNAND fragmentation. (At least it seems that way)

Now here's my question:

Following the Plailect Guide, there's a possibility of some brick-related error due to having a fragmented CTRNAND on Sysnand? My doubtful logic tells me that this can't happend since the Sysnand will be replaced by the emuNAND/redNAND information. And i haven't found any brick related to it, so what are my chances to mess up all things just due to no having defragmented the CTRNAND?

Last edited by Autz, Aug 21, 2016
    I_AM_L_FORCE likes this.
  2. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Anyone can help me?

3. Ricken

Ricken Crawling from Hell, Falling from Grace

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    I think you meant a clear sign of having signature patches disabled
    None. run a CFW on SysNand and see that you were worried for nothing ;)

LinkSoraZelda likes this.
  4. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    How odd. I clearly remember booting on Sysnand with signature patches enabled when using FBI. However, i formatted the Sysnand on normal booting without signature patches. Maybe that was the cause?

5. Ricken

Ricken Crawling from Hell, Falling from Grace

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Nah, you really didn't cause any CTRNand fragmentation
    You'll see H&S when you run a CFW on SysNand, because FBI needs sig patches to run as a .cia/inject :P

6. trinhno

trinhno GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2015
    Senegal
    I think OTPHelper does help with fragmentation in its automated process.

7. Autz
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Now i see what you ment. I booted sysNAND with patches out of curiosity and the FBI was there again. How odd, but at least i can install VC games again.

Silly me.

Ricken likes this.