ROM Hack Smackdown vs RAW 2010...

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to swap the "Original" BGM to a song of choice? It would make me enjoy the game more. The BGMs are contained in a folder called "sound" and are in ogg format.

I've tried creating an ogg from an mp3 at 44100 Hz. After that, "original" doesn't play any music at all. So I tried 11025 Hz and the music plays, but it plays at about half speed and you can't really enjoy it. Can someone give me the proper converting options to make the game play a custom BGM at perfect speed?

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
you could try checking the details of the files that are already in there, to see what settings they used in the first place.

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I checked it using WinAmp.

Frequency: 11025 Hz
Average BR: 36 Hz
Normal BR: 32 Hz
Max BR: 32 Hz

That's the reason I converted at 11025 Hz. Played the music at half speed. I haven't tried 22050 Hz yet, though. If 44100 Hz didn't play and 11025 Hz played at half speed, then 22050 Hz should play it normally...?

Will try and post results later.

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@daniel709
I use dsbuff and a bunch of music converters. Then I just move around the BGM files with mine.

UPDATE: Tried 22050 Hz, and still got slow music. I really need some help on this.

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I might try 33075 Hz. But I have another project I have to work on. I'll also try doubling the speed of the song I'm trying to put into the game.

I'll post my results later. I'm working on switching around the songs in Nostalgia. It reminds me too much of FFIX and I was hoping I could switch some FFIX music with some of Nostalgia's. But the problem is that I can't seem to convert a midi to an sseq file. Can anyone help me on this or give me a program that can help me convert?

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double posting but I just had an idea.

If anybody can just convert the FFIX midi files from this site: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/index-af.html
The ones I need are:
Battle 1 (Roland VA-7)
Boss Battle
Hunter Chance (2)
Opening Screen - "The Place I'll Return To Someday"
Overworld - "Crossing Those Hills"
Victory Fanfare (2)

You can probably guess what songs I'm trying to replace in Nostalgia. But if anybody can just convert these midis to sseq files and upload them I could work on it from there. I have midi2sseq but I don't know where the files are saved to. Thanks.

And for Smackdown vs RAW 2010 the song I'm trying to replace with the "original" BGM is "Hit In The USA" by Beat Crusaders.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Ironically I'm trying to replace the battle midi and fanfare in Nostalgia to the ones from FFX maybe we can help each other out?

I'll try and convert those midi for you.

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I'd be glad to help you out. Throw in the FFX songs you wanna add to Nostalgia in sseq format. Then I'll create a sound_data.sdat file for you. Of course I'll check if it works first.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright well as of right now, the midi2sseq doesn't seem to be working for me. Placing a midi file onto the program results in it crashing, so I'm not sure what to do. When I get it fixed I'll help you out. I PMed someone who knows a lot about it for help.

khrmp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Please tell me when you get it fixed. I'm pretty busy because of school and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1