Sluggish downloads on A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Clouded Sun, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Clouded Sun
    OP

Clouded Sun GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    I've installed Luma CFW + a9lh on a fourth New 3DS using Plailect's guide. However, when I try to use the Internet with the fourth 3DS, it's downloads are extremely slow (I have bad internet anyway, but where my O and N3DS' prior would download in FBI at around 580-700 kB/s, the recent 3DS only downloads at around 15-17KB/s)

Any ideas on what I did wrong? I've tried to connect to two networks with similar results! The browser and eshop work normally as well! SysNAND updated to 11.1.

Last edited by Clouded Sun, Sep 19, 2016
  2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Are you serious? 580 MB/s is an insanely high speed! (And so is 15 MB/s, at least for me) Where do you live?

Seriously, though, your 3DS' WiFi component could be defective. Try installing a CIA file on FBI ans see how much it lasts, if it is as fast as usual, the problem is within your hardware (again, the WiFi component/chip/whatever).

Last edited by Olmectron, Sep 19, 2016
    Clouded Sun likes this.
  3. Elizabethx90

Elizabethx90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    He more than likely means mbps, although the 3ds only supports 802.11b/g which the speeds are roughly 54mbps.

Olmectron likes this.
  4. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    He means KB/s surely, since he is talking about download speeds directly, I was just making a joke about that.

5. Clouded Sun
    OP

Clouded Sun GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    XD oh jeez my mistake. 580 KB/s

FBI was installing slow as well.
    Maybe it's the SD card? I have a 32 GB SDHC and had no problems installing beforehand. But it doesn't make sense - I had no problems beforehand, and even my Old 3DS runs faster.

EDIT: Hmmmmm.... Since I see no problem with the browser, I'm gonna back up and format my SD card with a bigger cluster size to see if it does anything.

Last edited by Clouded Sun, Sep 19, 2016
  6. Clouded Sun
    OP

Clouded Sun GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    IT WORKED!

My cluster size was too low. I just formatted and bam. Now everything is good to go.

7. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Mind to post the size of the card and the size of the cluster prior and post the format? It may benefit someone else having the same problem.

8. Clouded Sun
    OP

Clouded Sun GBAtemp Fan

Jun 13, 2016
    United States
    32 GB Sandisk Ultra SDHC - changed to 64kb cluster size.

9. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    And I guess the cluster size was 32kb when you had the slow downloads. Am I right?