Slowdown in cutscenes and more

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by RotateMe, Jun 15, 2011.

Jun 15, 2011
  1. RotateMe
    OP

Newcomer RotateMe Newbie

United States
    Hi, I'm new here, I registered because of this problem but I'm trying to be more helpful in the future.

I have a M3DS flashcart with a 8gb ScanDisk microSD. I have formatted the flashcart like written in the FAQ, and I'm also running the latest Sakura version. I have an issue with speed in many games, especially cutscenes, for example the opening scene in Atelier Annie and many more. The slowdown extends to the gameplay in some games as well for example Zelda - Spirit tracks starts lagging if, during a "cut scene" the music changes (I think I narrowed it down to that). Geometry wars also feels slower than in YouTube videos of the DS version.

I read that it might have something to do with the kind and maybe the size of the microSD card, but before buying a new one I wanted to know if slowdown at such places is a known issue and if there are any solutions.

My thought was to format my flashcart and copy everything I want on it in one run, so that it is well defragmented, but that might not make sense. Also, what are the best options when using the SDFormatter?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. RotateMe
    OP

Newcomer RotateMe Newbie

United States
    Just a little update from myself: I tried formatting it and putting everything on the microSD cart at once, it is notably faster in the menu (for example when scrolling through the gamelist in the R4 Wood operating system (booted from Sakura), but the problem in Zelda for example remains. E.g. it starts to stutter is when you meet Zelda the first time and the music changes to the Zelda theme when you look at her.

Help would really be appreciated, thanks!

3. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    whats your micro sd class?

4. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
  5. RotateMe
    OP

Newcomer RotateMe Newbie

United States
    Hi, thanks for the help, the FAQ was very useful. My microSD is 8gb class 4. Can someone please try if the intro for Atelier Annie runs slow for them as well? Or maybe even check if they have the same issues with Zelda: Spirit tracks?