Hacking slow down

cinerx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my AK2 today. I'm happy with it. It's an awesome card for $13 from Dealextreme.

But here's the thing. When I play Lock's Quest with the soft reset enabled, the game seems to be slow.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice this? Does it only happen with other games as well.

I'm using the official firmware 4.10 with a 1gb Kingston card from DX also.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
softreset patches itself into ram before the game loads, it could be that it is overwriting something minor which is causing the game to glitch out causing studdering. does it work fine without softreset? if yes than that is the issue. there is no fix for this right now. gelu has updated many things and improved softreset for his rpg firmware. normmatt is still a few revisions behind, but eventually akaio will catch up. the current beta of akaio has the loaders external to the launcher, which frees up about 300kb of ram. in the future when this is released it should fix many softreset issues.

-another world

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Another World said:
softreset patches itself into ram before the game loads, it could be that it is overwriting something minor which is causing the game to glitch out causing studdering. does it work fine without softreset? if yes than that is the issue. there is no fix for this right now. gelu has updated many things and improved softreset for his rpg firmware. normmatt is still a few revisions behind, but eventually akaio will catch up. the current beta of akaio has the loaders external to the launcher, which frees up about 300kb of ram. in the future when this is released it should fix many softreset issues.

-another world

Your semi right, the 300kb of ram saved is in the GUI, in game memory usage is still around 1.2kb or so, I try too make things smaller and more optimized but as stated acekard don't want too send me the 4.08/4.09/4.10 sources not sure why though it's not as though i'm going to leak them. Gelu has been fixing a few games recently that have flashcart checks in them so those will be ported over to all three loaders. Although for some reason i seemed to have broken the ak2 loader not sure how but i need to investigate further.

cinerx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:

-another world

The games works fine with the soft reset turned off.

Thanks for the info.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
cinerx said:
Another World said:

-another world

The games works fine with the soft reset turned off.

Thanks for the info.

Possibly the official soft reset code isn't optimized and causes performance problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: This song has been my latest Kero Kero Bonito obsession. It's just so chill...