OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a DS but I also have a GBA SP (
tongue.gif
). I plan on getting the CycloDS Evolution for the DS Slot 1, but I want a slot 2 device that works for both systems, and preferable takes the same memory card (MicroSD I believe) as the CycloDS..

Any ideas? Most supercard descriptions aren't very clear as to whether they work on both systems and I need to order sooner rather than later.

wepoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have an M3 Perfect Lite. It uses Micro SD cards. It also came with a GBA case (and many coloured DS Lite cases).

Though since the GBA cart sticks out of the DS alot I used one of the numerous provided DS Lite carts. I have shaved the edges off of it with a sharp knife, poked tiny holes in the top and threaded a loop of fishing wire through. Now it sits flush in my DS Lite and sits low in my GBMicro. I use the fishing line to pull it out of the GBMicro. It's a good solution for me.

MasterRat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doh. suggestions so far are sold out on realhotstuff.com - any other US vendors that have both the CycloDS Evo and the EZIV (is the 5 also ok?) or the M3 Lite?

MasterRat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell, the EZ Flash IV comes in two flavors, the original and the lite... the original uses a MiniSD and the Lite uses a microSD... What I'm not clear on (and this the case for many of the slot 2 cards out there) is whether or not the Lite versions (which were designed for the DS Lite) will fit in a GBA SP's slot.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
From my own 'research' on this topic I have found the EZ flash IV is one of the best, but M3 also isn't all that bad. However don't expect games that need RTC like Pokemon to work without patching.

Anyway I hope this helps you out.

MasterRat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm considering the R4 DS or the M3 DS Real over the CycloDS since Gameyeah doesn't carry the CycloDS... Was really set on the M3 DS Real, but there's a review that states it's considerably slower than the R4?? And I seem to remember people worried about the R4's spring not being particularly sturdy? Will the madness never end? :|

Bah, I bit on the M3 DS Real and an EZ Flash IV (Not the lite, cos its for a gba) and two Kingston 2GB MicroSD Flash Card w/ 2 Adapters Model SDC/2GB-2ADP (from newegg
smile.gif
)

Wish me luck!

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm considering the R4 DS or the M3 DS Real over the CycloDS since Gameyeah doesn't carry the CycloDS... Was really set on the M3 DS Real, but there's a review that states it's considerably slower than the R4?? And I seem to remember people worried about the R4's spring not being particularly sturdy? Will the madness never end? :|

The M3 Real's menu is slower, though I don't really know about any slowdowns in games as only my friend has it.

The R4DS doesn't have a spring anymore. They made a new shell which comes out with all new R4s. The microSD just slides in and slides out when you pull on it. I haven't had it fall out so there shouldn't be any problems.

MasterRat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid n00b question time :

Is there *any* way to load GBA games with just the M3 DS Real and the Rumble RAM pack?? Or am I SOL on that account and *have* to get the GBA expansion pack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: