Thanks

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
In some cases Goomba [Color] is better than Lameboy.
HereticDS only works with slot-2s. (flash to NOR and then in r4/m3 menu press boot slot-2)
QuakeDS for mods and stuff.
DSLinux uses RAM.

...you'll probably use it more for GBA roms.
tongue.gif

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, im trying to run goomba color, but im not sure what to do. I tried following the instructions, but im not sure if its possible to run goomba color on an m3 and EZ 3-1

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i put a goomba.gba file in my slot one card after compiling, but i cant get to the game. I acn press R+L to get to an options screen, but i cant do anything else

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are very few GBA programs that can talk to your card's filesystem. Much more common are GBA programs with built-in filesystems. In addition to the goomba.gba emulator core, you will need the Goomba frontend to add games to it to produce a single large *.gba file containing all of your games. This will need to be 32 MB in size or less to run from NOR or 16 MB or less to run from the 3in1's RAM.

Instructions:
1. Grab the Alpha 6 package from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3280 which includes the emulator core and builder application
2. Grab the updated goomba.gba emulator core from http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?id=229 and use it to overwrite the old one in the previously downloaded folder.
3. Follow the instructions at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Goomba to create your compilation. Do not save it as "goomba.gba" or you'll overwrite the emulator core. Save it as something different like "GBCgames.gba" or something like that
4. Copy it to your microSD card and launch it like a regular GBA game.

EDIT: as for the original question, I've heard that PCE emulation is really only available on the GBA, while SMS emulation is a tossup between the DS and GBA emulators.

PocketNES has received some fixes for specific games that NES DS has not been updated to include.

Herg's Solitaire is an amazing compilation of many different card games and is only available on the GBA. I'm not sure if anything of the same caliber exists for the DS, but I haven't really looked into it. Perhaps Puzzle Maniak includes games like that.

SNEmulDS should be able to utilize the 3in1's RAM, so see if that helps playability at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill