slipstreaming windows vista

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Findecanno, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Findecanno
    OP

Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    I ordered a new computer from newegg and it comes with windows vista. My friend says that alot of computers dont come with backup install disk and I would like to have one In case the operating system crashes. My friend said I should slipstream it when it first comes so that I have a backup disk just in case something happens. I really dont know much about slipstreaming but all the sites I looked at said that I need the install disk for it to work. Does anybody know of a way to do it without the install disk?

2. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    I think you're confusing the words. Your friend meant "image." Imaging makes a copy of your entire drive. Slipstream means taking an install disc and adding and taking stuff out of it to make a more compact installation. Slipstreaming is no longer recommended for Vista, it's not supported by vLite.

3. Findecanno
    OP

Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    ah ok [​IMG] how to ya image it then?

4. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Get a third party program that supports it. Acronis True Image comes to mind. Of course that one isn't free, there is a trial to try it out. Someone else may know a good free alternative.

5. iamjust

iamjust Banned

Banned
    Jul 23, 2009
    United States
    DriveImage XML

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice