Gaming slipstreaming windows vista

Findecanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a new computer from newegg and it comes with windows vista. My friend says that alot of computers dont come with backup install disk and I would like to have one In case the operating system crashes. My friend said I should slipstream it when it first comes so that I have a backup disk just in case something happens. I really dont know much about slipstreaming but all the sites I looked at said that I need the install disk for it to work. Does anybody know of a way to do it without the install disk?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Findecanno said:
I ordered a new computer from newegg and it comes with windows vista. My friend says that alot of computers dont come with backup install disk and I would like to have one In case the operating system crashes. My friend said I should slipstream it when it first comes so that I have a backup disk just in case something happens. I really dont know much about slipstreaming but all the sites I looked at said that I need the install disk for it to work. Does anybody know of a way to do it without the install disk?

I think you're confusing the words. Your friend meant "image." Imaging makes a copy of your entire drive. Slipstream means taking an install disc and adding and taking stuff out of it to make a more compact installation. Slipstreaming is no longer recommended for Vista, it's not supported by vLite.

Findecanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok
smile.gif
how to ya image it then?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get a third party program that supports it. Acronis True Image comes to mind. Of course that one isn't free, there is a trial to try it out. Someone else may know a good free alternative.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all