Hardware Slimmer/Lighter PSP Confirmed!

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why didn't they move the analog nub to the right side?
wtf.gif

how many thumbs do you have on your right hand?
tell me, how'd you be able to use the analog stick while pressing the facebuttons at the same time?

QUOTE said:
Stupid Sony, making a revision of the PSP and all it does is load games faster and is lighter itself.
and it has longer battery life, which is very important...
just how many new features did the DS Lite (/ Gameboy Pocket / GBA SP / GB Micro) have again?

anyway, has there been any word on wether the d-pad has been improved? that would be one of the main reasons for me to buy the redesigned PSP, but it doesn't seem to have changed
unsure.gif

that'd be extremely disappointing...everybody was complaining about the d-pad and the buttons...it's literally *impossible* to play some games, like Gradius or Darkstalkers, with it
mad.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't they move the analog nub to the right side?
wtf.gif

how many thumbs do you have on your right hand?
tell me, how'd you be able to use the analog stick while pressing the facebuttons at the same time?

QUOTE said:
Stupid Sony, making a revision of the PSP and all it does is load games faster and is lighter itself.
and it has longer battery life, which is very important...
just how many new features did the DS Lite (/ Gameboy Pocket / GBA SP / GB Micro) have again?

anyway, has there been any word on wether the d-pad has been improved? that would be one of the main reasons for me to buy the redesigned PSP, but it doesn't seem to have changed
unsure.gif

that'd be extremely disappointing...everybody was complaining about the d-pad and the buttons...it's literally *impossible* to play some games, like Gradius or Darkstalkers, with it
mad.gif

If you look at the picture you can clearly see they raised it. Not only that but it looks like they dropped the triangular tip that causes your thumb to hit the faceplate. There are reports that it's more responsive...so I guess, yes!?

Also, the PSP's already out are suppose to have that issue fixed. It only really affects the old models like the launch ones.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When they are not satisfied with the new psp's sales, they will just *ahem* accidentally put another exploit working on the new psp inside a newly released game, maybe god of war
tongue.gif

Exactly.

Hopefully the d-pad on this on wont suck.
Same.
In every psp I've encoutered, either a abxy type button or dpad was broken.

I like it, but I won't buy it untill.. homebrew is enabled.. and I find someway to sell my current one.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I won't buy it until the frame is made of pure titanium or carbon fiber (hell, that would be a nice marketing thing, a carbon fiber gaming device) because when I played my friend's PSP i always end up flexing the damn thing. Hands naturally go a little \ / (bottom = front, top= back)

Oh yeah, and when there's good homebrew. By that time I'll probably have enough money to buy one of those Sony UX nano-PCs.

cdr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it hasn't changed that much. It still is incredibly long

Do you want a 2.5 inch screen or a 4.2 one? personally, the ds lite barely fits in my hands and i think the screen is pretty small so the length is welcomed.
laugh.gif
(seriously unless you have small boy hands, pressing/holding the triggers on the ds lite isn't so comfortable... I hate that and hope the redesigned psp fits in my hands better =\)

cdr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I welcome the size of the screen, however I was just saying that the size difference still does not make it easily pocket-able

I understand but I think most pockets would fit 4/5 of it easy and my jean pockets are deep enough for the whole thing I think? anyway it depends on the size of your pockets
tongue.gif
(at least its slim enough to not be noticable)

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see it now on YouTube.

PSP Phat vs PSP Slim.

As you can see the PSP Slim is slimmer >_> Oh look, it loads games faster look at GTA for example it only takes 5 seconds to load instead of 10 seconds so amazing! Overall PSP Slim is better than PSP Phat...

NO DUH! they are going to show us videos of stuff we already know.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Sony is phasing out the old PSP, do you think the priceof the older PSP will increase? Cause I was thinking of importing a metallic blue PSP, and I really don't wanna pay over $200.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I'm afraid of though, but I'm sure someone will crack it in the first month and that'll be the end of my fear

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the size? Slimmer is better... but seriously, I hardly ever take my DS Lite with me out in the street. I like it because it's portable, not pocketable. I can take it from one place to another and play when I get there. Does anyone seriously keep theirs in their pocket and play it every second they're waiting for a bus or whatever?

I just put mine in my backpack and play at home, or when I go on a long trip or train ride.

PSP is small enough to be portable. You don't really need to keep it in your pocket do you? So who cares? Most of the space is taken up by that nice big screen anyway.

I just wished they improved the analogue stick. Everything else sounds kind of sweet.

Btw the GBA SP was a piece of crap. I just got hand cramps whenever I played it.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the look of this redesign and I think I'll be buying one when it's hackable.
A lot of people are slating it because its too similar to the original design, but the original PSP is a beautiful bit of kit! I'm pleased sony didn't get too carried away.

Not adding a second analog nub, however, is fucking retarded! They should have just added a second analog and longer battery life (sod the tv out and size reduction!)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the look of this redesign and I think I'll be buying one when it's hackable.
A lot of people are slating it because its too similar to the original design, but the original PSP is a beautiful bit of kit! I'm pleased sony didn't get too carried away.

Not adding a second analog nub, however, is fucking retarded! They should have just added a second analog and longer battery life (sod the tv out and size reduction!)

You can always get someone to fit one in
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But PSP games aren't designed for twin analogs
frown.gif

Apparently some are. This is a list of games compiled by acidmods of games which support dual analog (one of the analogs is for the dpad - and I believe the games supported have separate functions for the dpad and analog)

-Medal Of Honor
-Syphon Filter
-Ghost In The Shell
-Metal Gear Solid
-Star Wars Battlefront 2
-Coded Arms
-Me And My Katamari
-Call Of Duty
-Clarabellas African Safari
-Gun Showdown
-Rainbow Six Vegas

Site & Scene News