Hardware Sleep Mode and eShop Question

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick side question: I purchased an 120 GB mSD card for my Switch today. Can games from eshop be put onto it instead of on the internal system memory? If yes, how? I am currently downloading some eshop games now. Thoughts appreciated :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick side question: I purchased an 120 GB mSD card for my Switch today. Can games from eshop be put onto it instead of on the internal system memory? If yes, how? I am currently downloading some eshop games now. Thoughts appreciated :)
I think you just select where you want it installed. My updates and the Stripper Clips Demo I downloaded today installed to mSD. Saving internal for saves. Sorry I can remember the exact procedure but maybe look in settings under data management?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not an authority on these games but I have heard a lot of comments of waiting for Redout instead.
In my experience Fast RMX is fun and easier, while Redout is better for the more hardcore racing game fans, and is quite a bit harder.
I think you just select where you want it installed. My updates and the Stripper Clips Demo I downloaded today installed to mSD. Saving internal for saves. Sorry I can remember the exact procedure but maybe look in settings under data management?
For me it just automatically started placing my games on the SD after it was inserted and formatted.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like my mSD card is being used when I looked in Data Management. Thing is, I did not format it when I put it in my Switch. Does mSD card need to be formatted, or am I ok as it seems to be putting stuff on it? Thoughts appreciated :)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like my mSD card is being used when I looked in Data Management. Thing is, I did not format it when I put it in my Switch. Does mSD card need to be formatted, or am I ok as it seems to be putting stuff on it? Thoughts appreciated :)
I had previously formatted my mSD to Fat32 for the Wii U, so it probably reformatted my SD back to exFAT as it's supposed to be by default.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but this mSD I have in my Switch is a new card I got today. Thing is, I did not format it or anything when I put it in the Switch, yet it seems to be copying stuff to it. In Data Management, it shows some stuff on the mSD card. Do you guys think I will be ok, I mean will the system still use the mSD card, even though I did not format it in the Switch? Thoughts appreciated :)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but this mSD I have in my Switch is a new card I got today. Thing is, I did not format it or anything when I put it in the Switch, yet it seems to be copying stuff to it. In Data Management, it shows some stuff on the mSD card. Do you guys think I will be ok, I mean will the system still use the mSD card, even though I did not format it in the Switch? Thoughts appreciated :)
You should be fine. If, for any reason, it needed to specially format the card? You'd have gotten a "No MicroSD card" error like the 3DS or it would have told you upon booting into the home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu