Slayers v2.7 overwrite SID 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by Gnoman, Oct 2, 2011.

Oct 2, 2011

Slayers v2.7 overwrite SID 5.0.1 by Gnoman at 5:10 AM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Gnoman
    OP

Newcomer Gnoman Member

United States
    I just got done soft modding my xbox 1 using 007 and SID 5.0.1. I used to have evolution dash on a different xbox i recently bricked. I now want to use Slayers 2.7 instead. I have burned i copy of the iso i downloaded.
    1. Do i simply just run the install?
    2. Can I also ftp with my xbox then extract Slayers v2.7 files using QWIX and overwrite?
    3. I know there is also an option to set a default dashboard on the disk would that work?
    4. I also want to put in a bigger hard-drive so could i just extract the eeprom and slayers files then compile them using that bootable Linux distro i think its HDDMM something.

someone please let me know what i can do to get Slayers v2.7 FINAL installed over SID 5.0.1 thanks.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    You can only use your Slayers CD on a XBox with a TSOP flashed BIOS or a modchip.

1. Do i simply just run the install?
    Yes. Just burn it to a CD / DVD and put it in your DVD drive of your XBox only if you have a TSOP flashed BIOS or a modchip installed.

2. Can I also ftp with my xbox then extract Slayers v2.7 files using QWIX and overwrite?
    No. Atleast not to my knowledge.

3. I know there is also an option to set a default dashboard on the disk would that work?
    By installing softmod files + the alternative Dashboard to the C: drive.

4. I also want to put in a bigger hard-drive so could i just extract the eeprom and slayers files then compile them using that bootable Linux distro i think its HDDMM something.
    Never tried that myself but yes you DO need your XBox EEPROM if you don't have a modchip or TSOP flashed BIOS.

Best way to install a bigger HDD is just to borrow a chipped XBox from someone.
    Disassemble it, pop in your bigger HDD, run Slayers CD, lock the HDD with your EEPROM and swap everything.