Skyward Sword USBLoader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by misticknight1, Nov 28, 2015.

1. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Okay before i ask my question i am aware how people treat newbies here, believe me im not, i had an account for a long time but havent logged in for a while and seems it was deleted.

in anycase, i recently reconnected my Wii consoles after having packed it for almost two years, and im trying to play SS on USBLoader GX. From memory it used to work no problem i didnt have to play with the options or anything, but now all i get is a blank screen and have to hold the power button for like 10 seconds for it to turn off everytime. I tried through the channel wad and the homebrew channel usbloader, and it does the same thing. it does however work on Configurable USB loader but id rather not use that. i cant remember what hacks i used when i initially hacked it, its been a long time, or what cIOS im on (forgot how to check?). i do know for a fact though i installed the necessary cIOS files to play SS when it first come out and the wii hasnt been changed much, if at all, since. if it helps my firmware is 4.3Wan. Any ideas what i can do?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the "necessary cIOS files" when this game was released was a wrong fix.
    instead of using latest cIOS, users thought they HAD to get the "fix" which is now an old version of the cIOS.
    If you find such a pack saying that it fix SS, don't install them. It's in fact a beta of d2x v7.
    if the game works with other loaders, you don't need any new cIOS installation or fix.

This game doesn't work with EmuNAND, so be sure the settings for "EmuNAND save" in the loader's settings are not set to partial or full.
    The game works only if it saves to the Wii internal memory.

But you mentioned that it doesn't boot at all, so I don't think it's emuNAND related or it will be random freezes.

Be sure to reset this game settings to clear any "alt dol" (which was another possible fix for the wiimote+ video issue back when the game was released)
    Select the game > option > Reset the game settings.
    it will also reset the debug setting (which is probably why it freeze on blackscreen at boot and you need to hard reset)

it will reset all settings for this game, but be sure to set the video mode to "game default" (or disc default) in your global settings > loader's settings.

if it still doesn't work let me know.

3. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Thanks heaps brother, that worked :)

4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    which one worked?
    I explained different things, knowing which was the issue could help other users finding this thread, and me too (to help more users).

I think the issue was the debug option.

5. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Oh, i just done the "reset game settings" thing and it worked. didnt have to do anything else.

6. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Great so now it suddenly stopped working when i turned ocarina on again (wanted to put on skip cutscenes and those stupid Fi notifications). i turned ocarina back off, didnt touch any other settings so youd assume it should work but nope, not even loading with it off now either.

Edit : okay got it working again without the cheats on but I still want to play with ocarina if possible. I tried it on cfg usb loader seems to work with the cheats enabled except the cheats, fat as I can see, don't actually work (but at least the game loads with that option on). Not sure what to do.

Last edited by misticknight1, Dec 7, 2015
  7. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the cheats should work fine with that game.
    I never tried them, but if they exists on geckocodes that means users used them and they work.

I don't remember this game having patch protection, so only enabling Ocarina should work.
    Check on geckocode website and see if this game use a different hooktype, but Default (VI) should work with 99% of games.

8. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Couldn't find where it would say that ? Either way I tried a few random options not really knowing what I'm doing but guessing , still not working.

9. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    http://geckocodes.org/?c=SOUP01

It doesn't mention the hooktype, which means you don't have to select something else than "default" in the loader's settings and game's settings.
    Be sure the code you want doesn't need user edition. Some codes don't work without manual edition first (add the wanted items, etc.)

"Disable Fi's Low xxxx" codes don't need edition and should work.
    try other codes if this one doesn't work, try ocarina with other games too, to be sure you are doing things correctly.
    if something doesn't work, try other things to find what is the issue.

10. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Sir you are a genius. I had a text speed modifier code on, disabled that and it works beautifully now. Thank you so much again :)