Skyward sword left handed?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by BrightNeko, Nov 12, 2011.

Nov 12, 2011

Skyward sword left handed? by BrightNeko at 1:46 AM (1,133 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. BrightNeko
    OP

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    Well I've looked everywhere but the instructional video (cannot access it) in the starting area of the game and I cannot find a way to set the game to left handed. Has anyone found a way to after all will be quite the gamebreaker if there is no way to.

2. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    I'm sure there is a left handed feature, but even if there isn't the game won't be broken. I'm left handed (and I assume you are too) but I've learned to play a lot of wii stuff right handed. I'm not spoiling this game for myself, as I've decided to wait until the 20th to play it. If you find a left handed option lemme know! I just don't know if they would both incorporating a completely reversed control scheme for us leftys :P

3. felixsrg

Member felixsrg 3DS Rulz

Colombia
    Well seeing as Zelda is made by Japanese people (duh) which are almost all left handed... I would say the game has no other option to be played but I might be wrong.

4. slapusillydawg

Newcomer slapusillydawg Advanced Member

United States
    wat

5. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    wat

On topic: He must be asking because Link is left handed and the game should play better that way (the canon way). But I doubt it, as TP didn't have the option (as far as I know)

6. BrightNeko
    OP

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    She

An TP didn't use motion plus being a waggle sword game. So it didn't matter

7. felixsrg

Member felixsrg 3DS Rulz

Colombia
    Oops I got really confused there, it was the right hand and the control scheme of the Wii being that way.

BTW Link almost always uses his left hand to hold the sword and the right for the shield (only in ALttP, TMC and the mirrowed versions of OoT and TP he changes hands, the latter was done to better mirror the game's control scheme) and I think SS does that too, but as I said before I might be wrong.

8. ShadowFyre

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I thought it was confirmed to be right hand only...At any rate, if that's true, would it be possible to make a hack so that all sword movements would be reversed so lefty's (like me) COULD use the wiimote like that?

9. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Erm, the vast majority of the world's population is right handed. it has nothing to do with Japanese people.

10. MEGAMANTROTSKY

Member MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, you're right. The only way to play it "left-handed" was to buy the Gamecube version. The Wii version of Twilight Princess was a mirrored inversion of the original.

11. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think if I was lefty, I would play it with normal controls. The Wii Remote is like a broken apart standard controller. If you're used to a normal controller, I'm sure you can play Wii as a righty.

Maybe it's not that easy. That's just how I see it.