Hacking Skyward Sword always returns to Wii Menu, please help!

krion64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loader: Configurable USB Loader
I have installed the d2x WADs but they have not helped.

PLEASE HELP I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS FOR HOURS!

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Tried Wiiflow and d2x 6 and d2x 7.

A quote from someone who got it working elsewhere:
It works! playing on a 4.1E wii with USB loader Gx and the latest Cios updates (dx2v7)
thx man!!

try that and if it still doesn't work, i don't know what to tell you.

Edit: What I mean is try USB loader Gx with dx2v7. Dont downgrade to 4.1 :P

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It needs a WM+ to be connected. And if it's the 1st WM+ game you play, you need to watch the video once, and for that you need the IOS Reload block. And other than that, you need to disable anything that patches the game, it's said to have a protection against that.

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see, that's pretty damn interesting. So CFG it is then.. thanks. Just updated most or all of my IOS to their latest versions to make sure I have max compat. It's been so long since I last played a Wii game :P

Ntsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. Running a 3.3 ntsc wii, using d2x r6 base 58 in slot 249, reload is blocked, using configurable usb loader r70 release, and I have never run a wii-motion plus. I don't currently have one plugged in but I'm just trying to see if the game will boot before going to purchase one.

doesntwork

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
had to register myself just to let you know that I have the same problem, it always returns to the wii menue instead of booting.
ofc I tried that ios reload thingy, tried every option all sorts of differents ios and whatnot.
I have wiimotion+ so thats not the problem, also redid all the steps from http://gwht.wikidot.com several times. everything is now at the newest version. still doesnt work, alot of ppl complained about that problem. it has nothing to do with ios reload enabling.

just to let the ppl know

ChrisAnderson

Trophies
XP
had to register myself just to let you know that I have the same problem, it always returns to the wii menue instead of booting.
Lol, me too. I registered just to pass on some help.This was my first WM+ game so I had to launch Zelda:SS using player.dol to watch the 3 min video on the WM+(a must to watch the whole thing, do not skip). Then launched game using main.dol after the video rebooted. No problems yet.

B

ball2012003

Can you please say what you did. People are saying you have to just enable IOS Reload but thats not working for me. Please help.

HotChoco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had to struggle for 2 hours but finally managed to get it working. Don't know exactly what fixed it, but I guess the IOS Reload fixed the problem for me.
But I also installed IOS236 (didn't have it), the newer files (provided with the image), Configurable USB Loader (which I didn't need in the end). Running IOS248 now and WiiFlow, like I used to.
Sorry I can't get all that technical because I'm not really into Wii modding, I just know the basic stuff.

Ntsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. Running a 3.3 ntsc wii, using d2x r6 base 58 in slot 249, reload is blocked, using configurable usb loader r70 release, and I have never run a wii-motion plus. I don't currently have one plugged in but I'm just trying to see if the game will boot before going to purchase one.

I finally fixed it and now am playing. What I ended up doing was updating all of my IOS files to their latest versions. I updated ios36 and 37 as well but made sure to patch them. I guess the video wouldn't play because I didn't even have quite a few IOSs that newer games use (MMM had like 10 that were white lol).

Worked perfectly fine upon boot form same setup as in my quote. System menu is still 3.3u and I'm using d2x r6 base 56 in slot 249. No other modifications outside of ios36 and 37 (oh and a cmios but thats a different story).

Good luck to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.