ROM Hack Skyrim mods not working

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both- in-progress save and starting a new game from pulling into Helgen. No go on either

The last levelers tower mod i setup for you works without plugin bypass and i tested it on a vanilla skyrim where i removed all my mods and patches and it works so if you cant run that then your switch is not loading skyrim mods for some reason nothing to do with ini files or patches its almost like layerdfs is disabled for skyrim

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last levelers tower mod i setup for you works without plugin bypass and i tested it on a vanilla skyrim where i removed all my mods and patches and it works so if you cant run that then your switch is not loading skyrim mods for some reason nothing to do with ini files or patches its almost like layerdfs is disabled for skyrim
Is that even possible, to disable layeredfs for just one game? I know it's at least trying, since it creates the fs bin file every time I delete it then try the game. Thought it was the "hold L while loading" type of disabling

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that even possible, to disable layeredfs for just one game? I know it's at least trying, since it creates the fs bin file every time I delete it then try the game. Thought it was the "hold L while loading" type of disabling

if permissions are messed up it would stop that folder from being used
do you use filezilla if so can you check the permission by right clicking the 01000A10041EA000 folder and going to FIle Attributes it should be set to 777 (read write execute)

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if permissions are messed up it would stop that folder from being used
do you use filezilla if so can you check the permission by right clicking the 01000A10041EA000 folder and going to FIle Attributes it should be set to 777 (read write execute)
Filezilla wouldn't show any attributes, the option isn't there, but windows says *all* the folders on the sd card are read-only, though clearly the system can modify- the romfs_metadata.bin file in 01000a10041ea000 is replaced every time I delete it and then restart Skyrim.

Different method, the ini files are all 666. chmod to 777 fails, even with filezilla

Last edited by akblake,

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filezilla wouldn't show any attributes, the option isn't there, but windows says *all* the folders on the sd card are read-only, though clearly the system can modify- the romfs_metadata.bin file in 01000a10041ea000 is replaced every time I delete it and then restart Skyrim.

Different method, the ini files are all 666. chmod to 777 fails, even with filezilla
666 means that the files cant be executed
So if the esp are set to 666 they cant run
But for the ini files it can read and write with 666

File attributes option only shows when you right click on the main selection window where you select what dir you want to open in the secondary window

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
666 means that the files cant be executed
So if the esp are set to 666 they cant run
But for the ini files it can read and write with 666

File attributes option only shows when you right click on the main selection window where you select what dir you want to open in the secondary window

Any ideas on how to override? I try with zilla and it comes back as unable

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas on how to override? I try with zilla and it comes back as unable
You can try using command promt on your pc if you know how you can try

sudo chmod -R 777 01000A10041EA000

(01000A10041EA000 being your skyrim dir on your sd card)

Or try right clicking 01000A10041EA000 then goto i think file permission/options and you should be able to add the execute option from there from one of the tabs

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try using command promt on your pc if you know how you can try

sudo chmod -R 777 01000A10041EA000

(01000A10041EA000 being your skyrim dir on your sd card)

Or try right clicking 01000A10041EA000 then goto i think file permission/options and you should be able to add the execute option from there from one of the tabs

Can't chmod on a windows, but I'll try a few tricks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(