Sky3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by macd1876, Feb 16, 2017.

1. macd1876
    OP

macd1876 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Hi does anyone have experience with sky-3ds.co.uk. I bought a sky 3ds card from them in August for my son, and he used it a few times with no problems, but he got a couple of pokemon games and has been mostly playing them , but when he went to use the sky 3ds card, his 3ds won't read it anymore, I updated the firmware to 1 30 and it seemed to update fine ,and when i put it in the 3ds it flashes green once, but the 3ds says no game card inserted. I tried messaging sky-3ds.co.uk, but they haven't replied, anyone else had problems with them?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Have you updated the template and deleted the firmware.bin?

3. macd1876
    OP

macd1876 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Yes, but the 3ds still says 'there is nothing inserted into the game card slot'

4. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    Either you should try updating again, it's bricked (unlikely if done correctly), or the 3DS just has some trouble. The latter is the most common, as even I've had this happen before. My 3DS sometimes wouldn't see the card, and it would take a few ejections and insert, both of the card in the 3DS, and the SD card in the cart, before it started working properly.

5. macd1876
    OP

macd1876 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Tried everything, it now says firmware 130 in the settings. Txt, and doesn't do anything when I put the firmware. Bin on the card now, I assume it's because it already has the latest firmware, and official game cards read OK, the card must be at fault, but I can't get a reply from sky 3ds. Co. UK.

6. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    I mean you posted this thread today.. Are you really expecting "Sky 3ds Co UK" to reply to you instantly ... Patience is virtue.

While you return the faulty card why don't you install A9LH and just take your money and run? At least if you're not on 11.3 FW ..

7. macd1876
    OP

macd1876 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Sorry, I had messages sky 3ds. Co. UK last week, just posted on gbatemp.com because I hadn't heard from them after a week.

8. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Did you try another sd card ? sometimes fakes microsd card leads to some trouble especially with the sky3ds+, the kingston microsd cards has a lot of trouble with the sky3ds too.

9. macd1876
    OP

macd1876 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Yeah thanks, I tried 2 Kingston cards and a SanDisk one, they all read on Windows when the sky 3ds is connected via USB,.