Hacking SKY3DS trouble (newb)

weber674

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up, just got a sky3ds and am having a bit of trouble. I feel like I'm very close, I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

So I got everything setup, the newest versions of Diskwriter and the l;atest template. I got Super Mario Bros 2 (USA and on a USA console) loaded up, the picture and music comes up and everything, but when I hit A to open it, it says "this card cannot be read."

Any ideas? I am on the latest 9.6 update, but I seen videos of it done on the latest update so I don't think that's the issue.

Thanks for any help, just for note it did this on super Mario land as well

kingraa

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a EU 3ds on fw 9.6 and have a skycard blue button coming in the post I hope I don't g this problem

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need three things:
  1. DISKWRITER v2.02b1
  2. Latest TEMPLATExxxx.TXT file and...
  3. Latest SETTINGS.INI file (right next to latest template file on download site)
Unzip Diskwriter and put both TEMPLATExxx.TXT and SETTINGS.INI into same folder as Diskwriter 2.02b1. If prompted, COPY & REPLACE the SETTINGS.INI file. You need to make sure it is using the latest settings.ini file to work with latest template.

Now, plug in your mSD to your PC directly. No hubs or extensions.

Go to MY COMPUTER and RIGHT-CLICK mSD>FORMAT.

Look at what type of format it is using. If exFAT you need to make it FAT32. If NTFS, you need to make it FAT32.

After you format to FAT32 open up Diskwriter, select your drive, then FILE>FORMAT. When done, select OPTIONS>CHANGE TEMPLATE>select latest template.

Now write games.

To unformat the mSD use REFORMAT then check that the mSD has returned to FAT32 or exFAT. If it is FAT12 or still showing up as UFORMATTED in MY COMPUTER window, it did not REFORMAT properly and you must again FORMAT>REFORMAT.

If that doesn't work, go get EaseUS Partition Master from Filehippo (free) and make sure the mSD reads (MBR) and not (FLOPPY DISK). RIGHT-CLICK the (MBR) and DELETE ALL PARTITIONS. Now the drive has one unformatted partition. Format that partition to NTFS PRIMARY.

Apply changes in EaseUS.

Now go back to MY COMPUTER and see if it works. If so, then you may RIGHT-CLICK and FORMAT and make sure to select RESTORE DEFAULTS. Click format.

Now it's back to normal and you can use it like usual. Or run it through Diskwriter's FORMAT again and it should work.

Make sure you only use .3DS games. No eShop .3DS, .CIA, or .3DZ ROMs.

Latest firmware on 3DS is 9.7. If you don't care about updating your sysNAND go ahead and go to SETTINGS>SYSTEM UPDATE and DL 9.7.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least he confirmed that he's using the right region...

It might even just be the .3DS files being broken.

But yes, make sure you're not using the .3ds eShop game. It won't work.

EDIT: In celebration of my 501st post:
101198-stormtrooper-twerk-gif-dancing-fjVF.gif

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sky3ds needs roms to work in the 3ds region that you are running on. Sometimes the microsd card have issue working with the sky3ds it might be a gd idea to try a different one.

Also if anyone from the UK is interested in a sky3ds please contact me as I am official reseller. Please drop me a mail on [email protected]

I also offer a next day delivery. Do contact me if there are any questions with using the sky3ds as well. I will be glad to help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.