Hacking Sky3DS - swapping SD cards

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
If I want to load up 2 or more SD cards with games, is it as simple as just swapping the cards in the Sky3DS cart if I want to switch between them?

Thanks

nosklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I want to load up 2 or more SD cards with games, is it as simple as just swapping the cards in the Sky3DS cart if I want to switch between them?

Thanks

If you have the blue button sky3ds then yes. Remember the limit of 31 games per micro SD.

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Ok thanks, I thought I remember reading somewhere that you to have to press the blue button to switch to another game before removing the card, but I can't remember where I seen it.

Is the 31 games limit related to file size? Or is it regardless of file size?

Also, I think 2 (or more) SD cards with, say, 16 games each would be an easier way of managing lots of games, pressing the blue button 30 times to get to another game seems long winded.

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd suggest putting a little game in the first position that you don't really want to play, and before switching sdcards always press the button until this game appears. I had problems with sky3ds overwriting savegames of other games when sdcard was swapped or games were reorganized, really ugly.

Reactions: xrM

nosklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is the 31 games limit related to file size? Or is it regardless of file size?

No. It is related to the table of games that sky3ds disk writer creates. The size doesn't matter, it's just the number of games that can't go past 31.

Also, I think 2 (or more) SD cards with, say, 16 games each would be an easier way of managing lots of games, pressing the blue button 30 times to get to another game seems long winded.

I agree. It takes a very long time to cycle.

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I may purchase 2 or more 32GB SD cards, and have games on them alphabetically (say, A-M on 1 card, N-Z on another).

Or perhaps all Mario-related games on 1, etc...

RobesNo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah what the other guy illuded to is true. The only thing I've had issues with was when I changed SD cards the saves of the game I was playing disappeared. So you need to get into the habbit of changing the game (i.e pressing the blue button) after you're done playing with it.

I recommend these if you're in the market for SD cards:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Cl...1422965334&sr=8-2&keywords=micro+sd+card+16gb

Work perfectly and get about 10 games on each, which is a decent amount, without being too many games to scroll through.

RobesNo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes 64 and 128gb are supported but given that games are generally around 1gb or less and you can only put 31 games on each SD, they are somewhat overkill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...