SKY3DS save game advice please.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by solidamber, Aug 11, 2015.

1. solidamber
    OP

solidamber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    Hi OK I got my sky3ds/N3ds but I am a little confused about saves, I have searched but that has me more confused.
    So I play a game but it wont save to the sky3ds micro sd until I exit the game and press the blue button, to move to the next game? and game saves wont load unless i press the blue button while inserting the card then take it out and re insert? have I got that right?

2. kopgamer

kopgamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2015
    Sky3ds has a memory itself so it holds your eeprom save data there. When you press the bule botton, it saves from that memory to microsd card.
    Let's say if you played a game, saved it and after that you take out your micro sd card and backup your save. Last save won't be there.
    But let's say, you played the game, saved it and took out your sky3ds card from console. You played with another cartridge and put Sky3ds back in 3ds. Your save still be on its memory.

ChengCheng and cocoPika like this.
  3. solidamber
    OP

solidamber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    So after playing press button to write the save to card, and if I take the sky3ds out after doing that just re insert the sky3ds and the game save will be there?......no need to press the button while inserting?

4. UsualNoise

UsualNoise Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Correct. The only time you need to hold the button in while inserting is when you want to cycle back to the first game on the SD card. (After which you would remove and reinsert Sky3DS, wait for the flashing light to stop, and remove and reinsert Sky3DS once more.)

solidamber likes this.
  5. solidamber
    OP

solidamber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    cheers

6. Neru

Neru GBAtemp Fan

Feb 11, 2015
    United States
    Anyway to load a Gateway save onto the sky3ds? Tried everything and got nothing.

7. kopgamer

kopgamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2015
    If you're playing the same game, won't change the Sky3ds cartridge then you don't need to push the button.