Hacking Sky3ds Problem! Halp!

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried with a 2gb card and now nothing is working. It appears as if nothing is in the 3ds slot.

Hang on, you're using a 1-2 GB card? Well, that's a problem since we spent a bunch of time yesterday trying to help someone with various issues, only to find out that it appears that no 1GB or 2GB cards actually work with Sky3DS or it's clones!

That's a different quote:

ya i spent the better part of the day on it as i wanted to make sure the cart worked. i was waiting on my 64gb card to come in the mail. i ended up taking the 32gb one out of my phone and backing it up and using it and it worked fine using the same games i had been using to test the 2gb card.
i emailed sky about it and they where useless. first they where like its the games try different ones. i told them what i had done and that the games worked on the 32gb card. they responded with maybe u need to format the sd cards......

for anyone wondering what i did to test, i used 4 different 2gb cards and 2 different games. i did the same thing on all 4 cards. this was all done with the newest diskwriter and template.

1) loaded up diskwriter and pointed it at the template file
2) formatted the card
3) loaded game A onto sd card
4) put sd card into cart and cart into 3ds. nothing happened, not even the blue light came on.
5) put sd card back in pc
6) deleted game A and put game B on and did steps 4 and 5 again
7) deleted game B then formatted the sd card(thinking maybe it didnt format right) and did steps 3-6 again
8) deleted game B off and formatted again
9) put both games on this time. same result as step 4

i did that with all 4 2gb sd cards with the same results. the brands of the cards for those interested where PNY, Lexar, Sandisk, and transcend. the cards work fine in windows and other devices so they are not dead. i have a feeling that sky is not the one who came up with the hack and are getting it from someone else and sky is just the face for it. now that my 64gb card is here and the cart is working im happy with it. it works well and i dont mind the game switching as its about the time it would take to swap a cart anyways.

codedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang on, you're using a 1-2 GB card? Well, that's a problem since we spent a bunch of time yesterday trying to help someone with various issues, only to find out that it appears that no 1GB or 2GB cards actually work with Sky3DS or it's clones!

That's a different quote:

Right. I was reading that earlier. I just recently tried the 2gb card (which for sure doesn't work, lol)
I'm using a 32gb card though normally.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. I was reading that earlier. I just recently tried the 2gb card (which for sure doesn't work, lol)
I'm using a 32gb card though normally.

Well, for the 32GB that should, in theory, work, I found something about the bug:

0MB bug. this happens when you check your micro sd card using the disk writer. there are a few triggers.

okay, now freak out. this means one of your games is a corrupter. the only way to fix this is to format the micro sd, doing so will delete all save games. because of this, you should test what games cause this bug with a alternate micro sd first by doing the following example. I put on etrian odyssey untold onto my micro sd, then i checked to make sure it loaded on the 3ds. after, i used the program to write kid icarus onto the micro sd. close the program, and then open it right back up after you close it. this is trigger #1. some games can corrupt as early as this. if it does not say you have 0 MB left, proceed to try to run the game on your 3ds. if the game does not even appear, this is a possible trigger#2. if it does appear, okay. now try to run the game, if you get please turn the power off, this is also a possible trigger#3. none of these are set in stone, while simply writing the game onto the card corrupts for some specific title, it does not for others. i do not know the full bounds of the 0 MB bug

it has been reported one time, that by simply unplugging and plugging back in the micro sd to their computer, the 0mb bug went away. i have tried this overall about 60 times over many games, and it has never worked however.

*please note* if you are okay with being unable to edit your micro sd, the 0 mb bug does not actually stop you from playing games or saving. you CAN, when selecting the rom to write, just select all the roms you want to write at the same time and then hit okay. you will not be able to remove games later tho. it is also somewhat likely sky3ds will release a new writer with the 0mb bug fixed in 1-2 months.

extra update: it turns out that this appears to almost 100% be a bug with the writer program. (atleast as of V1.04. in SOME cases, (very few) this can be fixed for awhile for some roms by formatting the micro sd card using your computers default formatting options. reformat using the writer, then reformat using your default windows or mac programs. then format using the program, and ad the game in question. this time it MAY not cause the 0MB bug. here is an example of the bug http://i.imgur.com/TYcLBix.png

codedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for the 32GB that should, in theory, work, I found something about the bug:
Only problem with that is that the games should still play according to that. My games are disappearing and I can only have one at a time. And no matter what, only Cubic Ninja will play..

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem but with a red button card and 8GB sd. I write multiple games to it but only the first shows. The led is constantly blinking. I have noticed that if I push and hold the red button while the light is on it will stay on until I release the button and if the light is off when I push the button it will stay off.?i guess that means the button works.

I have tried different versions of the writer program and nothing has changed. It only show the first game on the list. However I am always able to play that game no matter what it is.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Use software to check the micro SD, there are a lot of software to ensure that the card is working alright, that's how you ensure its the micro SD or the sky3ds, micro SD are cheap sky3ds isn't

codedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem but with a red button card and 8GB sd. I write multiple games to it but only the first shows. The led is constantly blinking. I have noticed that if I push and hold the red button while the light is on it will stay on until I release the button and if the light is off when I push the button it will stay off.?i guess that means the button works.

I have tried different versions of the writer program and nothing has changed. It only show the first game on the list. However I am always able to play that game no matter what it is.
My roms might be bad then. I wonder if I'm just getting bad roms? That solves half my problem...
Also my button does that too so it must work.

Use software to check the micro SD, there are a lot of software to ensure that the card is working alright, that's how you ensure its the micro SD or the sky3ds, micro SD are cheap sky3ds isn't

I'll see what I can do to check the SD but I'm sure it works fine. Cubic Ninja works by itself on the card and plays. That's gotta mean something..
Do you think bad roms would cause the 0mb glitch and games to disappear?

codedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP.

Just downloaded a fresh copy of LoZ OOT 3D and put it on the micro SD card.
It came up on the 3DS fine but would not launch.
"This Game Card could not be read."

I checked the SD in Disk Writer. No 0mb glitch. Still not working.

Only. Cubic. Ninja. Works..

codedfox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bet is on a fake microSD.

Just buy another one from a reputable source.

I'm not thinking fake SD card, just corrupted/bad. I bought it from Amazon.. Could it really be unreliable?

Any suggestions on a good brand of SD card to buy? I'm heading to Walmart :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021