Sky3DS + Private Header help?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RedBlueGreen, Feb 6, 2016.

1. RedBlueGreen
    OP

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I got a Sky3DS + today and I'm just wondering about using private headers with it. I know there's the GAMESAVE_KEY where the Unique ID/private header goes, but what about the CART_ID? The website says to change that too, but what's the purpose of that? And what if the game is out of region? Thanks in advance.

2. DaRkLotus

DaRkLotus Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Came to the forum for exactly the same question.
    I found my gameid thanks to https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/
    But a) i don't know about the cart_id
    and b) do i have to insert the gamesave key with spaces like: xx yy zz yy xx zz yy xx yy zz yy xx zz yy xx yy or without like: xxyyzzyyxxzzyyxxyyzzyyxxzzyyxxyy ?

to give a bit more information:
    this is what sky3ds faq are saying:
    and this is what a .cfg looks like if its generated:
    Code:
    CART_ID=C2FF0090
    ENC_TYPE=00000000
    ENC_SEED=7F2E521D0115E1B52E7AB74DAA8ABC99
    FLASH_ID=C2221300
    GAMESAVE_KEY=

thank you in advance for your help oh wise people of gbatemp

Last edited by DaRkLotus, Feb 6, 2016
  3. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    The issue I have is changing the CART_ID makes my game unplayable, and my header isn't working too well. Plus with the FAT32 4GB limit I'm having issues with some games.

4. Peter North

Peter North Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Afghanistan
    use this method to format your sd card

5. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I have it formatted already. I just can't get Bravely Default or anything 4 GB in size on it because of the file limit. Since ROM trimming from what I heard may interfere with onlinw functions.

6. Zorazer0

Zorazer0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    United States
    I have an interesting situation for you all and wonder if you may help me, I ripped the private header from a pokemon "x" and, though everyone says it should be a C2,I could never make it work on any C2 game, it wont even work with a rom of the same exact pokemon X I found online, nothing works with it.. but one game, animal crossing new leaf.

anyone have an idea why a pokemon x game of the same region wouldnt work with a pokemon x rom?

7. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I have a similar issue. My headers never seem to work.

Zorazer0 likes this.
  8. Zorazer0

Zorazer0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    United States
    try changing the the front number of your cart ID to C2 AE or 45, it helps check games

9. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Got it resolved on the Sky3DS +. I'm an idiot and forgot to delete the sav file. I had a similar issue with headers never working with when I used the blue button card though.

10. DaRkLotus

DaRkLotus Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    So where did you get the cart_id from if you got it to work? or do you take the cart_id that is generated by the sky3ds+? If yes is it save to take these?

11. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Don't touch the cart_id in the cfg file. The game won't launch if you do. Only edit the GAMESAVE_KEY and then delete the sav file before launching the game again.

12. DaRkLotus

DaRkLotus Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    but is the cart_id the same for every game? or can I get banned for having the wrong cart_id, because it's the thing with the game_id's....so i am a bit worried

13. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    The cart_id is generated when the cfg is. You can use Gateway ROM Patcher to get a cart_id (chip_id in GW Rom Patcher) but it will probably be the same as the one in the cfg.

14. DaRkLotus

DaRkLotus Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    so you are telling me I don't have to fear a ban with a cart_id from a scene-rom, as long as I use my own game_id from whatever game?

15. RedBlueGreen
    OP

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    If you're worried open the rom WITH GW rom patcher after launching the game on 3DS w/ wireless off. Then just inject the header into the rom w/ rom patcher and you can use the option to generate a ney chip_id (cart_id in Sky's cfg file) and put it in there w/ the header. I'm not really sure what a scene release is most of my stuff is from people's collections from that one ISO site.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Feb 8, 2016
    DaRkLotus likes this.
  16. DaRkLotus

DaRkLotus Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    thank you, will try my luck with that.

17. silveraldi firdaus

silveraldi firdaus Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Indonesia
    is there any way to extract private header without powersaves ? since the lastest update of sky3ds+ is enable but i dont know how