Sky3ds+ not reccognizing 128GB microSD card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pustal, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    I've formatted as they recommend on the website, in Fat32 with 64kb cluster size, yet, it doesn't seem to recognize. Is it any different than 64Gb cards?

Edit: The was a small logical partition in the beginning of the SD card that EasyUS wasn't able to delete. Deleted in DISKPART, created new partition with all the space on teh SD card and formatted again with easyUS on FAT32

Last edited by pustal, Mar 14, 2016
  2. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    Some devices have a limit on the size of SD card that can be used. Check it in another device to see if it's recognised. It could be the card.

pustal likes this.
  3. andre104623

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    Most likely a fake sdcard theres tons of them around

pustal likes this.
  4. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Sky3DS+ has a limit of 128GB, and accordingto gbatemp wiki, as long as it in the SDHC or SHXC up to that capacity, it can read. Fortunately the problem was with the microSD and easily solvable. It's a SanDisk Ultra and for some reason came with two logical partitions instead of one:

- A really small logical partition, empty, in the beginning of the address space;

- The pre-formatted partition.

I had to delete both partitions with DISKPART on Windows, and create a new one. I guess Sky3DS+ was reading the empty partition at the beggining rather than the big one.

5. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    Glad to hear you got it sorted :)

pustal likes this.