Hacking Sky3ds+ help 4.2 3dsxl

jordanmgreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2 3dsxl got a sky3ds+ coming and I need to know what to do as far as playing newer games? Firmware being so low but link between worlds is a 7 firmware I think. I had a gateway long ago but been away from the scene for a while
Can u update off a .3ds game using sky?
Thanks in advance!

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sky+ treats the rom as an original game you get any updates from the eshop, you could update your 3ds to the newest version and it will still work. You will need a private header to play online but I guess becuase you have a gate way you already have a header

Getting the games to play
all you have to do is put the .bin and your game into the root of your card. You get the file from the sky page

Your done with getting the games to play
For online continue

Settings file set up
After you start up a game a files on the root of your sd card will be created. That's your overall settings. open it and change "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=x" to "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1"
You are now done with the setting file save and exit. What this does is it makes it that every time you start up a game on the 3ds it will create a cfg file for it.

CFG file set up ( private header )
After you did the settings file insert the sd back into the sky and into the 3ds. Start up the game and that should create a cfg file. If you want to edit multiple games you're going to have to start up the game first in order for it to create the cfg file for it. after that go back to computer and open that cfg file. It should look like this. Your numbers will obviously be different

CART_ID=YYXXXXX <- The YY is your cart manufacturer you will change that to whatever you're is. DONT TOUCH THE OTHER NUMBER
ENC_TYPE=00000000
ENC_SEED=66E19DD1F3D0FF3AC68781F932189DEE
FLASH_ID=62261100
GAMESAVE_KEY=HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <- this is the place that you put your private header. REPLACE WHATEVR NUMBERS ARE IN THE SPOT WITH YOUR HEADER.

What's my cart ID?

So you're probably wondering how do I know what my car manufacturer is. Well that's just going to be trail and error. It would be any of the following

C2 = Macronix
AE= OKI Semiconductor
45 = SanDisk

All you have to do is replace the first two digits in the cart ID with C2 or AE or 45. It's represented YY above. Save and close and your done. You have to replace the private header and the manufacturer ID for every CFG file that you want to go online with.

Last edited by Mr.zzz,
Reactions: cvskid

jordanmgreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I just connect this to wifi and update normally through nintendo servers and go from 4.2 to 10.5 and just use the sky card? I just want to play .3ds files thats all

Thank you for the help and the online suggestions Im definately going to have to look at that

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess sky3ds is the easiest to just load a 3ds rom into. But there are games that need updates. I'd venture into creating an emunand and get sig's patched.

Mr.zzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly you don't really need a sky+ but if you already got it then why not don't have to fuss with any updates messing anything up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol