Sky3DS+ gamelist.bin - missing games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by markmcrobie, May 28, 2016.

1. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    I just got a Sky3DS+ and have put gamelist.bin on the root my my microSD.

However after opening up gamelist.bin in Excel, it seems there's quite a few games missing the previously worked fine using the old Sky3DS and a template file (Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask being a good example).

Is it not possible to play Majora's Mask on Sky3DS+?

Thanks

2. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    You don't need gamelist.bin on Sky3ds+ since the second firmware.

3. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Actually, it was the Settings.ini file I opened in Excel, Majora's Mask and others aren't on there.

Reason I'm asking is I had Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer.3ds on my card, and it isn't in the list. I could not get my 3DS to see that a gamecard was inserted. However when I removed games such as ACHHD (i.e. games that weren't on the list) everything started working fine.

So how do I know which game are compatible with Sky3DS+ and which aren't?

Many thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh right. So all games just work?

4. Redferne

Oct 28, 2015
    As far as I know all games are compatible with the Sky3ds+. The only compatibility issue is with the private header and some cart ID which can be changed in the game setting file on the Sky3ds+. If you don't play online you don't even have to bother with that.

5. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Ok, I have no intention of playing online. I wonder why my New 3DS wouldn't recognise a cart being inserted until I removed Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer? Strange.

6. Redferne

Oct 28, 2015
    You need to use only unmodified roms. Some dump also don't work sometimes, just try another one.

7. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    All my ROMs are unmodified, as far as I know, apart from me trimming then, and I made sure to only trim card1 type ROMs, not card2.

Are there any that are known not to work?

Thanks!