Hacking Sky3ds freezing

Thragato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a sky3ds flash card a few months ago and since my purchase, I have experienced freezing issues with a number of games, mostly nintendo games including Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Super Mario 3d Land among others. The freezes completely block me from proceeding and I cannot find a way around them. Link between worlds freezes as the game starts as soon as I leave the house you start in, Kirby freezes at different places in the first level, between getting the sword powerup and the super powerup to eat the tree, however it does not freeze in battle mode. Super Mario 3d land freezes in area transitions mostly.

Each of these has occured in multiple rom dumps and multiple flashcarts. Any advice anyone can provide would be helpful.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD card is the problem.
I never use Sandisk anymore for 3DS use. Any Sandisk card 32gb and over has been prone to 100% corruption for me.
I switched to PnY and never had a problem since. You can even use a 128gb card when properly formatted to Fat32.
Good luck! I hope you get up and running again.

Thragato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered the recommended SD card. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for all the advice!
Glancing at the similarities between Zerodefinitions and mine, the problem appears to be in using UHS rather than standard class. I'm not too up on the differences between the versions, but who knows.

zerodefinition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully your new card works. I did a bit of research when my card didn't work and that Sandisk one was the most recommended. And I managed to beat Link Between Worlds and play Theathrhythm for more than 5 minutes with it.
The PNY is also supposed to be good but as far I know from other posters on various boards it seems to have like a 75% success rate.

The Samsung Evo sucks though and has seems to be the card most people complain about.

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SD card is the problem.
I never use Sandisk anymore for 3DS use. Any Sandisk card 32gb and over has been prone to 100% corruption for me.
I switched to PnY and never had a problem since. You can even use a 128gb card when properly formatted to Fat32.
Good luck! I hope you get up and running again.
Really? I got a sandisk 16 GB and it works perfectly fine. What's wrong with the 32 GB ones?

Thragato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the one recommended by Zerodefinition. Same problem. If it makes any difference, the 3ds is the Luigi edition one. Another possibility: where do you get your ROMS? It's possible I've just been going to places that don't work with SKY, while they have good compatibility with gateway. Is it possible for the rom to work on Gateway but not SKY, obviously in an instance where both support the game in question.
This is a little frustrating, but thanks for all the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended