Hacking Sky3DS Diskwriter Saves/Partition Question

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using Sky3DS Diskwriter 2.02, the first time I put my SD card in the PC, it 'backed up and restored' the entire card since I was on an older version of Diskwriter [before you could use 2 partitions].

I moved my ROM of Devil Survivor 2 to the inactive partition, and recently moved it back to discover my save game was wrong.

Did I need to back up the save before moving the rom to the inactive partition or was this lost in the 'back up and restore' ?

Any help is appreciated!

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The problem is that you didn't press the blue button after exiting the game, in order for the save game data to be transferred from the temporary "EEPROM" storage to the microSD.

If you plan on pulling out the flashcart (for example, to remove the microSD card and add other games), then you should know that you need to press the blue button BEFORE pulling it out, while it's still in the 3DS, or else whatever you saved last is gone. Forever. Finito. I lost about 6 hours of gameplay on Zelda Majora's Mask because I forgot to press the fucking button! Now I have everything installed internally as CIA and use the Sky3DS just for Cubic Ninja (to run Pasta CFW). No worries then.

Gateway has the same problem, except that you need to press the home button and quit the game in order for the save game data to be written to the microSD, while for Sky3DS you need to do all that and press the blue button. Yeah... I know. Tough shit. Especially for games that you play for free.

Last edited by DSpider,

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but this wasn't the case for me. I did blue button cycle before removing, and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire survived the 'back up.'

Since I have two variables -- either the back up, or the partition move, I wasn't sure at which point I went wrong. Funny you mention the free games, because I did have to remind myself of that when the Devil Survivor save disappeared.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: Good morning!