Sky3DS can't write games, but can write template

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by j0p3Y, Dec 20, 2015.

1. j0p3Y
    OP

j0p3Y Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    since some time I can't add new games to the microSD card. I can however update the template file every time a new version is available.
    I use Diskwriter 2.02 and at one time I did an Optimiser action on the SDcard.
    It looks like it since than has started to malfunction.
    Deleting games looks to be working, the file list gets shorter, but whenever I reinsert the sd card the games still are on teh card.
    Reformatting doesn't work, as well as Resetting the card to FAT filesystem.

I would say the (Integral 32Gb) card has gone defective, but it looks strange to me that uploading a new template seems to workl fine. Is it on a separate partition perhaps?

How can I fix this?

Today I backupped the savegames and used another SD card (Sandisk) to set up the same games again. I did use Diskwriter 1.6 which many say is more stable.
    But when I tried to set the savegames back, that didn't work, since it's an old format (doh).

Anyone ideas how I can set up the new card with the old savegames.
    And anyone an idea how to get my Integral sdcard working again? I tried everything, started with SDFormatter, and then into CMD with some commandlines, but no use...

Thanks

2. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    The template does not go in the SD card; it's just a file on your hard drive that the writer uses. Have you tried using a different SD card reader or a different computer? That's your only hope at this point is that the card reader is causing problem, because if it is your SD card that is bad, I don't see much you can do at this point. May be other people have some other ideas. Your old card was using 2.02 writer, which presumably have a different format from 1.6; so you have no choice but to use 2.02 to back/save etc... Then use those saves to put on the new card.