Sky3DS Blinking Blue Light

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ohana_Honokusu, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Ohana_Honokusu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    Hello, I've been getting the blinking blue light error when I switch to my 2nd game. Here's what happens:
    1. Powered on my 3DS(Using original Cosmo Black 3DS)
    2. My 1st game comes up.
    3. I press the blue button.
    4. It blinks the blue light and doesn't stop, my 2nd game doesn't show up.
    5. I eject the card, then reinsert it.
    6. My 2nd game shows up, only the blue light is blinking indefinitely and will NOT switch to my other games. I'm using a Samsung 64GB SDHC microSD card.
    Any Help at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    1. Try another SD card and see if it's still giving you issues.
    2. Format the card and try again.
    3. Make sure you are using the up to date software.

Ohana_Honokusu likes this.
  3. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    Thanks for the tips I'm using the most up to date software but I have not yet formatted my card so I'll be sure to try it :-)

4. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    When you said most up to date software, are you referring to the diskwriter and template file being most up to date?

5. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    Yes

6. mrolive

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Seconding this advice. My Kingston 8 GB would not work for whatever reason with my Sky but an old Lexar 4 GB I had lying around would.

7. carlos2013

carlos2013 Banned

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    maybe you fail to record the game ,if you need,here is a blog guide on how to flash or setup sky3ds : http://www.modchipfactory.com/news/...s-to-play-3ds-games-on-n3ds-v92020-a-131.html ,or buy a new microSD.,hope it will be useful for you.

8. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    So if the files are
    Most people had Problems with Kingston cards,
    I do recall that Star Fox 64 3D failed to record, the bar would go up and consistently restart, it took too long, it frustrated me, so I ejected it out(during the write process). For Pokemon Y it took too long and I got an error, but I thought it was safe because Pokemon Y was written :( I recorded Pokemon Y before Star Fox 64 3D. Both games didn't work. Also, your link is just giving a tutorial on how to setup sky3ds. I know how to set it up it doesn't help my blinking blue light problem. Thanks for the help though;)

Last edited by Ohana_Honokusu, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    Just did the format. I can still only play 2 games. I will try formating it with EasUS before actually formating it with Diskwriter. Also, if I'm allowed to ask and if you guys have, may I PM you guys for the following roms(Making sure they work)?
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Super Smash Bros for N3DS

10. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    I'll get a Sandisk 64gb sd card, hopefully that will work:)

11. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    I occassionally get this issue if I switch my Sky3ds between my n3dsxl and my o3ds. I found that if you do the 'initialisation' thing (hold button in while inserting card, eject, reinsert, etc) that it will then work fine.

12. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    If u are seeing your 1st game on the first time u put the sky3ds back on the console after writting on the diskwritter there should be something wrong. In the first boot it should always dont show your game, so you do the "setup" (Press button for like 5 second), it will start blinking like crazy, power off, power on, then your games should be there.

As you are seeing your game in the first try i can almost assure there's something going wrong. It can be a bad rom dump, an error on the diskwritter, or even an error on the template.

Try mess with different roms, maybe different sd card\adapter, dont forget to boot diskwritter in admin mode and see if something works.

13. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    No Avail.
    I always run in Admin Mode. I think my Sd card is the problem. I'll get a Sandisk card because a lot of people said they work.