Sky3DS and auto cycling issue?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by skfields01, Sep 2, 2015.

1. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    I have a very odd problem and not sure what is going on.

I am using the following...

New 3DS XL (USA) with very latest firmware
    Sky3DS (Blue button) with latest template and diskwriter
    17 or so USA 3DS games on a Sandisk 32gb Extreme

I get a weird cycling issue when it reaches anything past the 5th or 6th game on the SD card. Once I get to game 6 say... it will then auto switch to the next game until it gets back to game 1. Now, when it gets into a cycling pattern, I can push and hold the blue button until it steadily flashes. Then it will stay on that game and I can play it, but the blue light keeps on flashing and does not go off.

I have tried different SD cards... so I know it is not that. I don't think it is the way I am putting the games on the SD card either. Otherwise all games wouldn't work I think.

All the games are USA versions. Could it be the games and not the Sky3DS?

Not sure what to think at this point.

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You've got yourself a Red button Sky3ds.
    If you've bought it recently, i'd see about returning it for a refund or replacement.

3. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    Is it common, that even though it has a blue button, it is a red button? Do they just take red buttons and refurbish them with blue buttons as a scam?

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    I don't know about common, but it happens. Especially with the less reputable resellers (say if you were to buy from alibaba or something)

But yeah, it's just a matter of removing the plastic blue button and placing a plastic red button in it's place. xD

5. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    Really. OK. At least I am not crazy.