Visit site
XP
Country
The apparent lack of SkullGirls on GBAtemp is surprising
gallery_181908_1097_112587.png
So has anyone gotten it?

I bought it last week.
Day one purchase :D

Well worth the $15 if I do say so myself.

I'm trying to main Peacock/Cerebella just to mess with the opponents :P

also, inb4weeaboogame

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I forgot how MvC2 plays like but I'm assuming it's similar to MvC3

The game is a six button fighter with three buttons for punches and three buttons for kicks.
You can choose to have one, two or three members on your team and swap with them by pressing MP+MK or HP+HK
When your active member does a super attack, you can cancel it by inputting the next member's super attack

Oh and the pace is not really fast (unless one of the players is Peacock spamming her projectiles)

I'd say that it's a cross between Street Fighter and MvC but I may be wrong

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend got the game and I played it a bit. It's not bad, kinda feels a bit like Street Fighter and a bit like UMvC3.

But I feel like there's a huge lack of characters. I think you start with 8 and I don't think there are any more unlockable ones. Considering you can have a team of 3, that's really limited compared to the 40+ character roster of UMvC3.

Mechanics wise it's good though and the animation and art style are actually rather good to. The game kinda felt like some sort of "emo twat" game or some "girly fanservice" bullshit but it wasn't much of either of these. Really surprised me there.

Definitely worth buying if you really like fighters although I don't know if it'll pull your attention more than the other 2D fighters this gen.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bought the game myself, but one of my friends (who's pretty into fighting games) got it on day one. I haven't been able to play it yet, but it looks pretty good (literally, those are some very nice animations). From what I've read, the game's mechanics are strong as well, which is supposed to make up for the lack of playable characters.

It's not something I would pay money for, but I can appreciate it.

Edit: Damn it, Guild, you beat me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw it on release schedules and tried to note it when the scene release hit (granted nothing more than I do for most half interesting XBLA games). I have not grabbed a copy though and I am not sure when I might get around to giving it a spin (XBLA has been on top form of late and I have not even finished I am alive yet).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1