Hacking Skins for G6DsReal

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It possibly depends which theme you have for the site, but something along the lines of 'site navigation' (left sidebar for me) -> downloads -> skins -> g6

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

just got my G6R yesterday... and am interested in contributing to the skinning community - I've got ideas for some skins but was also wondering if there is any more detailed info (tutes) on what can be done.

Looking forward to getting some stuff done - something clean and simple using the wii color scheme (white, grey, blue) could work well - also, does anyone know how to change to top screen image? (G6 logo)

To my knowledge you cant change the top logo.
Nor can you have a seperate background for when you select the game as well (hopefully they can add this in. It conflicts with the skin i designed a while ago T_T)
Or if they would put a 1px border around game icons, that would be nice too (my original intention)

Tutorial...not sure i can say much. Just alter the images in the Skin1 folder and save them with the same name in a Skin2 Folder. Make some calculations though. Take their BG image. Put the nav bar on the bottom. The top bar on the top. And make some guess work regarding how far the the icons and everything are. The pixels of the screen on the DS is actually very clear at a low angle. This'll help get a precise measurement.

jvc3184

Trophies
XP
Country
And jvc3184, as far as I know, you can't change that Touchpod screen. Not easily at least. Hopefully somebody comes up with a hack for it though. Before sp3 for SCDS1, people had to hack the firmware to change the top screen image. Hopefully someone does it for the G6 Real too.

Fair enough, thanks for the heads up...

Just finished my first skin, it's in the download area. Bugger of a time trying not to use grey...
I'm thinking something manically bright and cartoon-like for my kids next, maybe it's an after-effect of all that black and white...

Cool skin pootman, I'm using it at the moment
smile.gif

QUOTE(ProjectVirtue @ Jul 24 2007, 01:37 PM)Tutorial...not sure i can say much. Just alter the images in the Skin1 folder and save them with the same name in a Skin2 Folder. Make some calculations though. Take their BG image. Put the nav bar on the bottom. The top bar on the top. And make some guess work regarding how far the the icons and everything are. The pixels of the screen on the DS is actually very clear at a low angle. This'll help get a precise measurement.

Thanks for the tips - hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to play around

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just posted another skin. I like the mario style NDS Game pages.
But i think the mediaplay-extend page might be an aquired taste. If i come across some better images i might change some (except for Rolf, who is The King of Entertainment).

jvc3184

Trophies
XP
Country
Just posted another skin. I like the mario style NDS Game pages.
But i think the mediaplay-extend page might be an aquired taste. If i come across some better images i might change some (except for Rolf, who is The King of Entertainment).

laugh.gif
rolf! classic -

mario theme double-plus good
smile.gif

VenomSymbiote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I like how my icons and top_desktop turned out, but I'm not so sure about the bottom one. Kinda came out a bit more pixely than I wanted. I couldn't think of any ideas for the scrollbar and a few minor other things, but it wasn't that big a deal to me. If anyone's anticipating Brawl as much as I am, perhaps you'll enjoy the skin. Top image is the original Smash Bros. title screen with Brawl shopped under it. I used it because it wasn't too flashy and gives a bit of nostalgia. The icons are straight from the Brawl site, as well as the bar on the bottom. Even says Smash Bros. Dojo!! to seperate the date/time from the folder you've highlighted.
tongue.gif
Perhaps not the flashiest of skins, but I like it.

ssbbg6gk4.jpg

Download here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one