Hacking Skins and Colours

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do those of you who design or edit acekard skins make them (Using a dedicated editor or editing .ini file(s) by hand)?

I only ask because I tried to make a skin recently and although the editor previewed everything correctly, when I tried the skin in my DS some of the text wasn't the same colour. I cannot figure out what the problem is, I checked the .ini etc.
Another small problem with the bars just blacking out the text if certain colours were used. (I don't really know the details, which colours work together and which aren't meant to. Are their conflicts with certain parts using the same colour, etc. Was trying to work it out myself by messing about).

I'm gonna try write the .ini myself next to see if I can get more colours. But I just wanted to ask about all of this here in the hope you might already know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help/advice on this subject would be appreciated,

Thank you.

(I have been using Dan AK Editor 1.2. Everything was fine apart from the text/bars in the Cheat and General Settings screen. Not showing the same colour when it was loaded in my acekard as it previewed inside the Editor.)

kirlac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
You will probably get more help from ndsthemes.com as that is a site dedicated to skins/themes so the best and most experienced theme makers are there.

Heres a link to the AK requirements/template as posted on the forum there. The .ini file is described for if you want to edit by hand.
http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4977

Edit: Also you could try using AKedit. It has worked well for me.

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much.
kirlac the link that you posted had all the info I was looking for... nice one.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My number is 911 lol