Hacking Skinning Problem

Snappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to put a new skin on my R4DS but there is no Theme folder in _system_ on micro SD.

What do I do?
wacko.gif

Snappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just put the my new gui in _system_ and pressed select in the gui nothing happened.
frown.gif

I'll do a bit more googleling' today. If someone is able to could they please post an image of what the themes folder is supposed to look like.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
6t23y20.png

If you only want one skin, put the files for that skin in the _system_ folder and delete the THEME folders.

If you want multiple skins, delete any skin files from the _system_ folder, create THEMES\THEMEXX folders for each one and put one skin in each folder. As you can see, I only have 2 skins on my card right now.

You can have a maximum of 12 skins on the card at once.

Snappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I've got one skin and I go put it in the _system_ folder and nothing happens. Do I have to put the pictures in any special order or give any special name? Do I have to do any anything when I turn my R4 on?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you've just got one skin in the _system_ folder, and no themes folders, it should just work. The files should be named "bckgrd_1.bmp", "bckgrd_2.bmp" "icons.bmp" and "logo.bmp".

Are you using a Mac, or a PC with a non-Windows OS?

vincom2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you've just got one skin in the _system_ folder, and no themes folders, it should just work. The files should be named "bckgrd_1.bmp", "bckgrd_2.bmp" "icons.bmp" and "logo.bmp".

Doing that didn't work for me, so I just stuck a theme into one folder, created 11 other empty folders and used manual selection.

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to do it really quick easy you should try a skinning program like skinR4. It let's you organize them quick and easy.

Snappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks heaps. I had no idea the had to be named bckgrd_1 etc. I've finally got it working.
And vincom2 make sure your not putting the .bmp and the end of the file names, because it didn't work for me if I had the .bmp at the end.

Thanks to everyone who helped!
yaynds.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And vincom2 make sure your not putting the .bmp and the end of the file names, because it didn't work for me if I had the .bmp at the end.
You have Windows set up to hide the file extensions. The files you have do have .bmp on the end, but Windows isn't showing it.

When you added .bmp to the end, you actually changed the filenames to "bckgrd_1.bmp.bmp" and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp