Hacking Skater

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the direction of where to get and how to install skater on my n3ds. I have searched and searched and can only seem to find people asking where to find it and how to install it.
I want to be able to use cheats like arcode/gateshark/nbr (or w.e it is lol) on games.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone point me in the direction of where to get and how to install skater on my n3ds. I have searched and searched and can only seem to find people asking where to find it and how to install it.
I want to be able to use cheats like arcode/gateshark/nbr (or w.e it is lol) on games.
I think you have the wrong idea. Skater is something to do with the web browser on the n3ds if I'm not mistaken?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Seeing from your profile, you're in the USA, get 0004003020009402 v10 for 9.2, or 0004003020009402 v4096 for latest firmware.
You can use any of the few NUS(Nintendo Update Server) -downloader applications to download and pack it as a legit cia (ground's original 3DNUS, Dr. Hacknik's updated 3DNUS, or my version of 3DNUS)

Edit: I see what you want. I don't have a new3DS, but it's worth a try: get a 9.2 old3DS update package from "that iso site", and it's the 0004003000009402.cia file in it.

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: mrkurtcobain

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have the wrong idea. Skater is something to do with the web browser on the n3ds if I'm not mistaken?
Yes I know this, and AR codes/ GateShark codes, are ran through the skater browser as QR codes. If I was on O3ds I would use spider, but im on N3DS so people say to use skater

Seeing from your profile, you're in the USA, get 0004003020009402 v10 for 9.2, or 0004003020009402 v4096 for latest firmware.
You can use any of the few NUS(Nintendo Update Server) -downloader applications to download and pack it as a legit cia (ground's original 3DNUS, Dr. Hacknik's updated 3DNUS, or my version of 3DNUS)

Edit: I see what you want. I don't have a new3DS, but it's worth a try: get a 9.2 old3DS update package from "that iso site", and it's the 0004003000009402.cia file in it.
What are those? I dont need anything to do with the old3ds as skater is only for the n3ds, spider is the browser for o3ds.
Im running rxtools so Im already downgraded to 9.2 and running a emunand, if thats what you were pointing towards with those links. I also have 3dnus already.
As for the first part of what you were saying, I have no clue what that is or where to look, a link would be kind of you :D <3

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I know the browser names :P As I said, I don't have new3DS, so I don't know if the 9.2 new3DS browser can support RAM dumping'n'stuff. If you don't need the 9.2 SKATER cia, then what do you need? :P

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the browser names :P As I said, I don't have new3DS, so I don't know if the 9.2 new3DS browser can support RAM dumping'n'stuff. If you don't need the 9.2 SKATER cia, then what do you need? :P
I NEED the skater cia, I thought you were trying to link me to something else as you were aiming towards o3ds files, when skater only runs on n3ds.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I also have 3dnus already.

So "0004003020009402" is the TitleID, and "10" is the version for <9.3, and "4096" is the latest. Afaik the <9.3 version may not be available, so you'll need to get it from the 9.2 update packages.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I NEED the skater cia, I thought you were trying to link me to something else as you were aiming towards o3ds files, when skater only runs on n3ds.
I've been on this site for a good while and I've read many posts, but I've never heard of "skater.cia". What is it supposed to do exactly?

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on this site for a good while and I've read many posts, but I've never heard of "skater.cia". What is it supposed to do exactly?
Its a browser that allows you to run qr codes that load cheats for games, from what Ive been reading. What Im not sure of however, is if you can actually load them on the newest firmware of the browser or you need the old firmware of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So "0004003020009402" is the TitleID, and "10" is the version for <9.3, and "4096" is the latest. Afaik the <9.3 version may not be available, so you'll need to get it from the 9.2 update packages.
wait so is skater, just the default browser on the n3ds?
Im so confused. People said you need to download it or some shit to use it on other sites and threads, same with spider.
I just want to be able to scan the QR codes for cheats and load em into my games.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a browser that allows you to run qr codes that load cheats for games, from what Ive been reading. What Im not sure of however, is if you can actually load them on the newest firmware of the browser or you need the old firmware of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait so is skater, just the default browser on the n3ds?
Im so confused. People said you need to download it or some shit to use it on other sites and threads, same with spider.
I just want to be able to scan the QR codes for cheats and load em into my games.
Sounds like that outdated Pokemon hack that'd allow you to clone Pokemon and items and stuff. And yeah it's on the regular browser. No full on external browser has been made for the 3ds afaik.

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like that outdated Pokemon hack that'd allow you to clone Pokemon and items and stuff. And yeah it's on the regular browser. No full on external browser has been made for the 3ds afaik.
I know its for the normal browser, but I was asking if its just the basic n3ds browser, like not custom at all, or is there actually different code to it?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Just get the 0004003020009402.cia from the 9.2U n3DS update package on "that iso site", uninstall the newer browser from NAND, and install the downloaded one on NAND.
WARNING! Do NOT return to Home Menu until you re-installed the browser, or else bad things may happen!

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get the 0004003020009402.cia from the 9.2U n3DS update package on "that iso site", uninstall the newer browser from NAND, and install the downloaded one on NAND.
WARNING! Do NOT return to Home Menu until you re-installed the browser, or else bad things may happen!
Wait, how would I delete the old browser from the nand? Can I do that in fbi or blue menu?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You can only use FBI to delete stuff from NAND. Then you could launch BBM/DevMenu from FBI, the install it there. But it's safer to not leave FBI to accidently return to the Home Menu.

Last edited by Sono,

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only use FBI to delete stuff from NAND. Then you could launch BBM/DevMenu from FBI, the install it there. But it's safer to not leave the .cia installer to accidently return to the Home Menu.
I was using fbi to install all of my cia's until I found outa bout bbm. However, wouldnt it just be easier to use bbm for the entire thing?

mrkurtcobain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant you can *optionally* use BBM/DevMenu, but it's safer to NOT leave FBI. And yes, you can only uninstall fromNAND with FBI.
OOOOOH You mean the only tool that can uninstall is fbi, not that fbi itself's only use is to uninstall cia's.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes :P Since the browser is a system applet, it's stored on the NAND, so it can only be uninstalled with FBI, since others are locked in SD-mode only.
Also, you can launch titles with FBI, so that's why it's possible to launch BBM/DevMenu without loading the Home Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: