• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Sir Sean Connery is dead

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
25.August 1930 - October 2020

41182_bigpicture_5338_nachruf_sean_connery_body2_r.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Connery

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I read he had dementia.
My mom's father had the same and passed thanks to that.

It was 2004 when he died, age 86.
I've seen and I can still remember seeing my grandpa slowly turning into someone else. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

Some years later (literally some years) read that Dementia can be sort of avoided if oneself occupies it's brain daily.

I chose drawing to keep my brain active everyday, and I'm planning to keep drawing to ease the potential case of acquiring dementia thanks to genetic heritage.

May he rest in peace. Trust me, you'd rather see dementia patients dead than "alive".

Last edited by JuanMena,

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I haven't given my condoleances here. RIP, ya Scotsman. :(

While everyone goes all "he's the original James Bond!!!", I've got to say I've enjoyed his later movies more. I mean...highlander, the untouchables, Indiana Jones and the last crusade, just cause, rising sun, finding forrester, the name of the rose, the hunt for red october...each and every one of 'em are all great movies. And perhaps just an action flick, but the rock was awesome as well. Oh, and while just a side character, I can't NOT mention Time bandits.

So...even though he was retired for years, it's still a shame. Again...RIP.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
His son Jason (57) confirmed to the BBC at the time that his father had died in the immediate family in the Bahamas. Four weeks after his death, the official cause of death of the actor has now been determined. According to the document available to the celebrity platform "TMZ", Connery died of cardiac arrest and respiratory arrest, caused by pneumonia.
007 legend died "peacefully"

During the last years of his life, Connery suffered severely from his dementia. "There was no life for him", his widow Micheline (91) told the British "Mail on Sunday" and assured that his death was a relief for him. "He got his last wish to simply slip away without causing a stir," explains the painter. "At least he died in his sleep. It was so peaceful."

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill