kroon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Would this be possible?

Right now im using SaulFabre Single ROM Loaders to autoboot NES Tetris and auto load save state, the game starts and is up and running in like 5 seconds after i turn the Wii on.. Very cool!
When i exit i go to Homebrew Channel.. I want to change that to Wiiflow?
Then when i start - lets say - a SNES game in Wiiflow it boots the game with SNES9XRX... then when i exit that i want it to go back to Wiiflow?
There's a setting in SNES9XRX to "exit to loader". But that gets me back to Tetris :P Since thats what priiloader launches.

I hope you understand what i mean? If i wasn't using the Single Rom Loader itd be easy... But is it possible to have both?
Autoboot one game + load save state..., exit to wiiflow... start a new game... exit back to wiiflow?

Thanks!

Last edited by kroon,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader can make your Wii autoboot something. It can make it "return to" the autoboot, Priiloader, or vanilla System Menu. So I think the answer is no, you can't autoboot one thing and "return to" something else, that's neither Priiloader nor vanilla System Menu. Not through Priiloader anyway.

Unless the Single ROM Loader can be configured with a custom return to on exit. But that wouldn't be through Priiloader. And would involve modifications to each of those Single Rom Loaders.

Your best option is probably autobooting Wiiflow and configuring it so Tetris is a couple clicks away by default.

kroon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Priiloader can make your Wii autoboot something. It can make it "return to" the autoboot, Priiloader, or vanilla System Menu. So I think the answer is no, you can't autoboot one thing and "return to" something else, that's neither Priiloader nor vanilla System Menu. Not through Priiloader anyway.

Unless the Single ROM Loader can be configured with a custom return to on exit. But that wouldn't be through Priiloader. And would involve modifications to each of those Single Rom Loaders.

Your best option is probably autobooting Wiiflow and configuring it so Tetris is a couple clicks away by default.

Ye that would be an alternative.. but i really want to have the Single ROM Loader going, it impresses people. One click and tetris is up and running its so good!

I mean is there no way to make RA-SS or SNES9XRX exit to Wiiflow instead of HBC, or whats set in Priiloader? Thats essentially what im looking for. I wouldnt mind modifying each "core" or whatever its called.. right now i only have NES, SNES and GB.. Thanks for replying :)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ye that would be an alternative.. but i really want to have the Single ROM Loader going, it impresses people. One click and tetris is up and running its so good!

I mean is there no way to make RA-SS or SNES9XRX exit to Wiiflow instead of HBC, or whats set in Priiloader? Thats essentially what im looking for. I wouldnt mind modifying each "core" or whatever its called.. right now i only have NES, SNES and GB.. Thanks for replying :)
Maybe try WiiFlow instead with Priiloader...
Most of my emulators i included in my custom SRLs are included in the WiiFlow Plugins Pack by @Tetsuo Shima (now maintained by @RunningSnakes). Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-great-quest-for-wiiflow-plugins-tm-a-call-for-adventurers.563575/

Greetings ;)

Reactions: RunningSnakes

kroon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe try WiiFlow instead with Priiloader...
Most of my emulators i included in my custom SRLs are included in the WiiFlow Plugins Pack by @Tetsuo Shima (now maintained by @RunningSnakes). Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-great-quest-for-wiiflow-plugins-tm-a-call-for-adventurers.563575/

Greetings ;)

Hi! Yeah, I was trying to fix this today, im using wiiflow in priiloader and i can start tetris now with just a few clicks, its the next best thing.. i hope you understand what i mean. I would want the SRL to start on the _first_ boot only. the sad thing with using wiiflow first to boot the SRL would be to have to wait for wiiflow to start and then load, with the SRL in priiloader it was instant, like really 4 seconds, and bam tetris!

Gonna check with @SuperrSonic again if he can make adjustments to RA-SS somehow. It would be the coolest thing to have autoboot and from there go in to wiiflow without getting tetris everytime i quit a new game.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Gonna check with @SuperrSonic again if he can make adjustments to RA-SS somehow. It would be the coolest thing to have autoboot and from there go in to wiiflow without getting tetris everytime i quit a new game.
It could be nice.
But a small correction... RA-SS' actual name is RA-HEXAECO (RetroArch Wii: HEXAeco Edition).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok