Simplest way to Copy my VC games to my vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by rubsnick, Dec 30, 2013.

1. rubsnick
    OP

rubsnick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    My original Wii is hacked, but I did purchase some VC games, So what would be the best course of action to transfer these to my new WiiU? I was going to do the wii transfer but then realized that I would also delete everything on the Wii including my Super Smash Bros Save File and since they are no GCN controller ports on the WiiU that just doesn't seem feasible. So I'm thinking of hacking my vWii on the WiiU backing up my wads from my Wii and then installing them on my vWii. but I'm not entirely sure how safe this whole process is. Would this work? or is there something I'm missing...

2. Kupie

Kupie GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    You can use Save Game Manager GX to save *all* of your savegame data, then use System Transfer. You'd then restore afterwards.

3. rubsnick
    OP

rubsnick Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2006
    Sounds like a plan, could I backup everything on my Wii and do the transfer and put everything back on my Wii as it belongs? I'd like to just leave the Wii untouched thanks to the GCn controller ports useful for Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64 etc.

4. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I'm thinking you can do a backup of your Wii with bootmii, do the transfer and then you can restore ALL you have got with bootmii.