Simplepluseasy

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Sicklyboy, Apr 22, 2011.

Apr 22, 2011

Simplepluseasy by Sicklyboy at 6:07 AM (937 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    So I made a topic about this on March 29th last year. Simplepluseasy.com expired, but they moved to a .net domain instead within a few days. About that time this year, same thing happened, their .net domain expired. But It's been over 20 days since that happened, and it has yet to come back.

Wonder if M3 is abandoning yet another cart (iTouchDS series)? Suppose it's good I just got my SCDS2, but I still got the iTouchDS layin around... any thoughts?

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Honestly I don't think the M3 Team just ditched their card, I think they broke up. I don't think the M3 Team is even around anymore, after their biggest fuck up the gmp z003, I think they finally gave up.
    Yeah I would suggest investing in either a Supercard Two or if you want to save cash and battery life and don't mind losing the RTS, go with the Acekard 2i

3. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Oh wow, I didn't expect them to have just up and left like that. Yeah, I know the gmp z003 was a major fuck up for them, but I didn't expect that to be the nail in the coffin either. Meh, oh well... they brought it upon themselves... The iTouchDS RTS was a decent entry-level cart, but too buggy and unsupported to be useful for newer games.

But yeah, I did buy the SCDS2 a few weeks ago, and I love this thing. Absolutely amazing what it can do (and on my Lite, it doesn't seem to kill the battery too bad, even after using CATSFC for a while).

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Well they also brought out another R4 Clone that they never updated past a few updates. So it was pretty clear by then the M3 Team was pretty much dyeing off the face of the Earth. Then as I said instead of updating they made a horrible flashcard just to lock out alternate firmwares and ended up locking themselves out, so they had so spend more months fixing that mess and it pretty much just dug them deeper in a hole. So it's best to assume that now that the DS is pretty much dyeing off, we won't be seeing anything coming from the M3 Team anytime soon. Kinda sad really since they used to be one of the best teams out there and now even the R4 and a few of it's clones surpass it.