Simple Question on Online Play

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Rocketter, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Rocketter
    OP

Rocketter Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    France
    So I have a few questions about Playing online using .cia
    (No hax or mods)
    1. Does The spotpass settings really make a difference?
    2. Is it Safe to turn them off to play with a friend (for an hour)?
    3. Is The Risk of ban important if I play on a random online game ?
    4. Can you unban your console ?

2. Rocketter
    OP

Rocketter Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    France
    The fact Is I just want to play online with my friends (and i must able spotpass stuff etc) so The main Question Is should I?

3. Rocketter
    OP

Rocketter Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    France
    The fact Is I just want to play online with my friends (and i must able spotpass stuff etc) so The main Question Is should I?

4. Craftyawesome

Craftyawesome GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2018
    United States
    1: Maybe, but you probably don't need spotpass nowadays. You should definitely keep the sending of system information off.
    2: If you mean the show friends what you are playing setting, it may report the last or active application. Boot something legit before turning it on and then turn it back off.
    3: I'm not sure what this says? A ban will stop you from playing online games.
    4: You have to change seeds. https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/

5. Rocketter
    OP

Rocketter Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    France
    I dont really understand The order. Should i turn it on boot something legit then quit play .cia online When finish boot à legit Game ?

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    just play something legit tied to your NNID/System title that doesnt have a fake ticket before turning on "What my friends see" and again after turning it off.
    as for ban risk. everything that connects to the internet (Offical software/game anyway) hasto tunnel thru Nintendo's servers. an online play ban and RiP any online gameplay.

Craftyawesome likes this.
  7. Rocketter
    OP

Rocketter Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    France
    THanks for the answer I ll dobthe trick and hope for the best if you have any other advice or info feel free to post thanks