Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All set. Holy Hell that was a doozy. I'm all finished though. Definitely the way to go.
CONGRATS!!! Glad to hear everything went smooth! Let me know if ya wanna play some Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sometime. ...Or anything else, really.

Side Note: Currently for online to work, you need to update Luma3DS to the latest nightly build, or use a homebrew app called ctr-http.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
CONGRATS!!! Glad to hear everything went smooth! Let me know if ya wanna play some Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate sometime. ...Or anything else, really.

Side Note: Currently for online to work, you need to update Luma3DS to the latest nightly build, or use a homebrew app called ctr-http.
Never played the Mh games much. Might give it a go. And good to know. Thanks.

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched the thread for the last 7 pages and I'm not finding this answer, maybe someone can help?

I have a N3ds that's on 11.0 and a O3ds running Sysnand 9.2 with a Gateway emunand running 11.0.

How could I test if VVVVVV would work to downgrade my 11.0 N3ds? I heard this was confirmed working....

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched the thread for the last 7 pages and I'm not finding this answer, maybe someone can help?

I have a N3ds that's on 11.0 and a O3ds running Sysnand 9.2 with a Gateway emunand running 11.0.

How could I test if VVVVVV would work to downgrade my 11.0 N3ds? I heard this was confirmed working....
Clearly you need to search harder because there are 1,000 other threads that will tell you YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE ON 11.0 WITHOUT A HARDMOD. Sorry. You can downgrade your emuNAND on 11.0, but ONLY because whatever CFW you have running it patches the NATIVE_FIRM and other NAND files. It WILL NOT WORK on a stock 11.0 system.

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks MadMage, I had read that VVVVVV exploit still works under 11.0 (by searching), but that you'd "need a friend with a hacked 3ds" — so I figured it was worth an ask. It would have been ideal for me because I have two 3DS's.

BTW, I posted because I searched TOO much, and found conflicting info.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks MadMage, I had read that VVVVVV exploit still works under 11.0 (by searching), but that you'd "need a friend with a hacked 3ds" — so I figured it was worth an ask. It would have been ideal for me because I have two 3DS's.

BTW, I posted because I searched TOO much, and found conflicting info.
Understood. Just to clarify for you, VVVVVV*hax DOES work, but only for the homebrew launcher. I will spare you the details, but Nintendo made some firmware changes in 11.0 that effectively blocks software downgrading, possibly forever. :sad:

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.0.0 hashes please!

I tried both browserhax and menuhaxx and the app freezes when I press Y. What do I do? Wait?

Oh and I'm on 10.3 downgrading to 9.0

Oh wait that's problem 2

Ok, update like 3 (it's actually 4), I managed to install all of the files but now it's stuck on the "Updates installed. Rebooting in 10 seconds..." part. Is it safe to manually reboot?

Edit 5: Probably the final edit, here's a picture:
image.jpeg

Last edited by MegAmi24,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.0.0 hashes please!

I tried both browserhax and menuhaxx and the app freezes when I press Y. What do I do? Wait?

Oh and I'm on 10.3 downgrading to 9.0

Oh wait that's problem 2

Ok, update like 3 (it's actually 4), I managed to install all of the files but now it's stuck on the "Updates installed. Rebooting in 10 seconds..." part. Is it safe to manually reboot?

Edit 5: Probably the final edit, here's a picture:
View attachment 51165
Yes, it's safe to force power it down. Also, clean your screen. Yeesh. (Just teasing you. =)

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Run into sort of a problem here, after downgrading to 9.2 on both my JP3DSLL and US2DS devices I just noticed that THBL won't launch some of my cart/digital games that I could previously run, namely some of the most recent titles like 'Happy Home Designer', 'PriPara' or 'New Style Boutique 2'.. Running these games from 'Region Free Launcher' freezes and then shows a black screen while running the games from HANS it proceeds but then freezes at the yellow screen, any thoughts?

Last edited by Dgrin,

duyluan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse my noobness, but why downgrade in the first place? Are there any benefits from doing so? And if yes, can somebody tell me what those are?
well, when you downgrade you can run hack on your 3ds. And when you run hack, you can play game that you install on your downgraded 3ds without buying them, which can't be done on a stock 3ds. that why Nintendo update the 3ds firmware so you can't downgrade, but somehow someone find a way to downgrade from the newest version, and the cycle continue . It call piracy!

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone..i bought my first 3ds console here in japan and i'm still new to the scene..it came with fw ver 10.6.0-31j out of the box..
can i downgrade this to 9.2? if so could i use N3DS 9.2.0-20U instead of N3DS 9.2.0-20J because i can't read Japanese very well.

I know a bit about editing firmwares so may I ask only for directions on what to do first..from downgrading to installing latest cfws..thanks

Hoping for your support..thanks

10.6 is downgradeable, but there is no free option. You would need another hacked 3DS, OoT + Powersaves, Cubic Ninja, or Freaky Forms Deluxe. Read the getting started part for lots of good info here:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

I'm not sure about the region swapping.

Miniminho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
plz help. after pressing y to downgrade, it says : "Getting CIA file permissions... titleException: main.cpp:154: Result: 0xD900182F Failed to get CIA file info!" im scared.
Edit: nevermind, i was using a version of sysUpdate that didnt work with *hax.

Which version did you used? I'm having the same issue here, also when I use an older version it's just closes itself and takes me back to the HBL screen.

Last edited by Miniminho,

X_Ryuuzaki_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 3ds in 9.8.0-25U version, is possible i upgrade to 10.7.0-32U?
Because i'll trying downgrade to 9.2 and 3ds freezes in the sysupdate, safesysupdater screens.
I have formatted my 3ds many times.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work