Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmothy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must've tried about 50 times now using MenuHax on the sysUpdate on two different SD Cards.

Setup:
New3DS 10.3.28-U
Formatted FAT32 Sandisk 32GB SD Card
Formatted FAT32 Samsung 16GB SD Card
Exploit: Browserhax / Menuhax
sysUpdater 0.4.2b by profi200 (The one posted by @julian20)

Either get a black screen or the "Failed to get CIA file info!"

Double-checked everything with the MD5 Checksum and having the latest sysUpdate.

Pingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must've tried about 50 times now using MenuHax on the sysUpdate on two different SD Cards.

Setup:
New3DS 10.3.28-U

Double-checked everything with the MD5 Checksum and having the latest sysUpdate.
ik i get the same thing

Aallaaniaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downgraded and installed CFW!

20160106_001458 (2).jpg

Almost brand European N3DS XL 9.4 -> 10.3 -> 9.2 -> RX 9.2

Downgraded using @julian20 's sysUpdater - After maybe an hour or two of constantly trying different things.
Open ftBRONY first, Open CHMM2 first, Wifi ON/OFF, Cartridge in/out, using sysupdate as boot.3dsx etc.
I think in the end it was just a random boot up, open and close either CHMM2 or ftBRONY and then the updater.

For CFW i used @wurstpistole 's [Tutorial] and it went smoothly! (Except for errors on my end ofcourse. I forgot to remove SD card when system formatting while unlinking NANDs:rofl2:)

Congratulations to developers :bow:

I'm almost as excited as i was for the original GameBoy ~19 years ago! (Profile picture)

Attachments

• 20160106_001458 (2).jpg
    20160106_001458 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hows the risk of bricking on a New 3DS at this point in time? Will this process require me to wipe my SD card and my games along with it? Is there a guide to unlink the emuNAND so that I can be on 10.3 as well as 9.2? I don't want a $200 paperweight, or to lose my game save data.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hows the risk of bricking on a New 3DS at this point in time? Will this process require me to wipe my SD card and my games along with it? Is there a guide to unlink the emuNAND so that I can be on 10.3 as well as 9.2? I don't want a $200 paperweight, or to lose my game save data.

You will need to wipe your sd card to create emunand at least yes. Nothing to stop you copying the files elsewhere first and then copying them back later though. I would recommend looking in the guides section for something that suits you, unlinking sysnand and emunand is one of the easier parts when you get to it, all you do is system format the 3ds. For physical cartridges the saves are stored on it, for downloaded games you would need to backup the saves asap.

Last edited by Santaros,

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to wipe your sd card to create emunand at least yes. Nothing to stop you copying the files elsewhere first and then copying them back later though. I would recommend looking in the guides section for something that suits you, unlinking sysnand and emunand is one of the easier parts when you get to it, all you do is system format the 3ds. For physical cartridges the saves are stored on it, for downloaded games you would need to backup the saves asap.
could you tell me why it says failed to get cia file info ( i have a new 3ds)

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where are the save files located if the games are already backed up. Do you need a specific program to extract them, or is the ability already built in?

pellOttO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I just wanted to confirm that the 2ds is on o3ds firmware. I just got back into the scene and could not find a definite answer. Thanks

NicolasLau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
http://bfy.tw/3a1D

I am not happy when I do a search and it's the first item in google. It makes me think you are lazy.

This isn't an advisable process for newbies though, nor is downgrading your 3ds.
I'm sorry for that. I can't use google in my region and other search engines have nothing useful info of this. sorry again for your inconvenient.

Jimmothy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Setup:
New3DS 10.3.28-U

Just wanted to note that I've tried the OOT3DS Hax about a dozen times with the same results.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for that. I can't use google in my region and other search engines have nothing useful info of this. sorry again for your inconvenient.

Well that really sucks, if you are in china don't you have Baidu or something? I take back my annoyance.

In any case be careful doing this stuff unless you really understand it. This whole forum is more for education than anything.

Dragonblazer87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I am to downgrade my o3ds and create an emunand is there any way I can unlink my sysnand and emunand without losing my sysnand data and saves?

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country

azramy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
okay, new problem, i used a program to save my ahem save files but i couldn't go to the system options of the 3DS menu, if i go to the eshop it says that i need to upload but when i click to do it it says that it happened a problem, nad if i try to run sysupdater i get
tittle exception:
tittle.cpp:135: Result: 0xd8A083FA
Failed to delete system tittle, any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol