Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
Hello i have question to downgrade new 3ds ver 10.7.0.32E.

Installed homebrew loader cubic ninja to my new 3ds 10.7.0.32E and setup safesysupdater and 9.2.0.20e new 3ds cia files to updates folder to root.

When i test files with safesysupdater its ok all

Then i downgraded and it went succesfully until rebooted error occured black info.

I restored safemode and it installs 10.7 before newest update.

Now my question is many suggest plaisysupdater but what if it downgrades again normally and then booted and error is still there.

How i restore safe mode then because theres new update and i dont want that.

Still want 9.2 fw to my 10.7 and try again if that fails second time.

Last edited by untok,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i have question to downgrade new 3ds ver 10.7.0.32E.

Installed homebrew loader cubic ninja to my new 3ds 10.7.0.32E and setup safesysupdater and 9.2.0.20e new 3ds cia files to updates folder to root.

When i test files with safesysupdater its ok all

Then i downgraded and it went succesfully until rebooted error occured black info.

I restored safemode and it installs 10.7 before newest update.

Now my question is many suggest plaisysupdater but what if it downgrades again normally and then booted and error is still there.

How i restore safe mode then because theres new update and i dont want that.

Still want 9.2 fw to my 10.7 and try again if that fails second time.
If you downgrade and it fails again like before, you can update from a retail game cart with system version 10.7 or lower on it or use recovery mode... but that will put you at 11.0.0.33X, which, as you know, blocks downgrading (for now at least). The only other option would be a hard mod. Hear me out though, I can't make any promises, anything could happen, but I have personally hacked 11 systems, and installed a9lh on 5 of them. I've never had PlaiSysUpdater mess up a downgrade on me before. I HAVE have SafeSysUpdater fail on me 6 times (same console for all 5, one on another). You should be safe to use Plai.

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
hmm i can try plai but if error occured comes and cannot use home menu at all and safeupdate installs latest fw.

How to get past that error has occures thing if semi birck error comes and update cart to 10.7. x.x

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i can try plai but if error occured comes and cannot use home menu at all and safeupdate installs latest fw.

How to get past that error has occures thing if semi birck error comes and update cart to 10.7. x.x
If you get a semi-brick like that, you MUST use recovery mode or a hardmod. Sorry =( The retail game cart will only work if you get a franken-firmware (working home menu, but broken browser, system settings, etc). PlaiSysUpdater SHOULD fix the problems that cause this though. I can't guarantee nothing will happen of course, but I can promise you I've NEVER had an issue with Plai before. You should be just fine.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... that's not good. Error screen shows up before or after home menu loads? Are you sure you had the correct region firmware files for your console? What size / class sd card did you use to downgrade with? Have you tried to reboot it without the sd card in?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very sorry to hear it did not work out for you =( I am really clueless as to what might have happened. I will try to do some searching for anyone with similar problems to you and let you know right away if I find anything at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

went succesfully but when it reboots error occured. Tried to get off memcard and battery. Only option is safemode i think or wait next exploit.
https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8
It seems in VERY rare cases some other people have had the exact same issue. I'm sorry you turned out to be the 1%, I really am =(

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing that might be someone said that system-memory format before downrading either way that doesent help now i have already that error.
Yea... =( wish i found this sooner. Maybe it would have helped. Don't lose hope though, I'm sure a new downgrade exploit will be found someday. As for your 3ds, is it new? Do you still have it under warranty? A return policy maybe? If yes, you could always update it to 11.0 and send it back for a "new color" or whatever. ;)

_Vin_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i tried to downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2, every thing worked good till the part of the reboot, the screen turned black and the console didnt turn up again.

I enter in safe mode to update, it starts but it fails to update, i follow all the steps, i dont know what went wrong, its any thing that i can do?

j3yps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i tried to downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2, every thing worked good till the part of the reboot, the screen turned black and the console didnt turn up again.

I enter in safe mode to update, it starts but it fails to update, i follow all the steps, i dont know what went wrong, its any thing that i can do?

try to reboot without the sd card

_Vin_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try to reboot without the sd card
I already tried it but it shows the same error

But what the hell happened? I follow the guide, could be the fact that i already had the update 11.0 file downloaded in my sd card(but not installed), that can had something to do whit this?

Last edited by _Vin_,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii