Hacking Simple FS Dumper

DvdDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New User Here.

I hope this is not a stupid question...

If I use the SFSD program on my wii, and extract the NAND to the SD card, then copy that Dump as is to a USB Drive, will that actually work?

Reason I ask, I tried to do that.. and ran into that -1 error that several others are running into,

I have my USB drive in port 0, and it works great with GX loader, and has both a WBFS partition (#1), and a FAT32 partition for number 2.

My wish is to be able to install custom wad's into this NAND dump on the USB drive, and use Triiforce with that as well.

My system is a non LU64 model, I have BootMii in Boot2, and preloader, and CIOSrev14b. System 4.1E

Is there anything else I could do to help trouble shoot this matter?
Thanks in advance.

DvdDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am including the following information from lsUSB to see if it would help anyone at all.
I have tried other FAT32 drives as well, and continue to get a code-dump from the dumper program

CODE USB Device Details

bLength: 18
bDescriptorType: 1
bcdUSB: 2.00
bDeviceClass: 0
bDeviceSubClass: 0
bDeviceProtocol: 0
bMaxPacketSize0: 64
idVendor: 0x0d49
idProduct: 0x3200
bcdDevice: 0.01
iManufacturer: 1
iProduct: 2
iSerialNumber: 3
bNumConfigurations: 1
Config Descriptors:
bLength: 9
bDescriptorType: 2
wTotalLength: 32
bNumInterfaces: 1
bConfigurationValue: 1
iConfiguration: 0
bmAttributes: 0xc0
bMaxPower: 50
Interface Descriptors:
bLength: 9
bDescriptorType: 4
bInterfaceNumber: 0
bAlternateSetting: 0
bNumEndpoints: 2
bInterfaceClass: 8
bInterfaceSubClass: 6
bInterfaceProtocol: 80
iInterface: 0
Endpoint Descriptors:
bLength: 7
bDescriptorType: 5
bEndpointAddress: 0x01
bmAttributes: 0x02
wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040
bInterval: 0
bLength: 7
bDescriptorType: 5
bEndpointAddress: 0x82
bmAttributes: 0x02
wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040
bInterval: 0

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Des it procudes working nand dump for Sneek ?

Cause the Sneek FSDumper is buggy on my wii : ES_Identify():-1017 auth as SU failed!

Wii 4.1 / CISO rev 19 / + hermes ISO 222/223

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanx for your fast reply I will try this at once !

Hope it will gegerate uncryptred :

[dump directory]:\import
[dump directory]:\meta
[dump directory]:\shared1
[dump directory]:\shared2
[dump directory]:\temp
[dump directory]:\title

After trying :

ERROR after the
"Inform Wii that I am God" Fail to enter SU blaba ERROR ES_IDentity 1029
frown.gif

Using IOS 249 rev 19

Too bad always this damned ES_Identity error with FSDUMPER and now with Simple FSDumper
frown.gif

NB : Strange it keep dumping even with the SU error...I let it dump and with get back this the result....

All dumped directories are there. All seem OK. Sneek is working at least !
Thanx !

Malkierian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is pretty old, but I get an exception screen every time I try to use this with an IOS that is ES_identify patched. cIOS's and my IOS36 all do it, but if I do IOS60 or 70, it actually lets me get through the process.

Do I need stuff from the NAND that I can only get with SU access, or will this limited dump be enough for Triiforce?

EDIT: Nevermind, I DOPed IOS41 with ES_identify and NAND permissions patched, and it seems to be working now.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malkierian said:
I know this is pretty old, but I get an exception screen every time I try to use this with an IOS that is ES_identify patched. cIOS's and my IOS36 all do it, but if I do IOS60 or 70, it actually lets me get through the process.

Do I need stuff from the NAND that I can only get with SU access, or will this limited dump be enough for Triiforce?

EDIT: Nevermind, I DOPed IOS41 with ES_identify and NAND permissions patched, and it seems to be working now.

the latter (edit) can be more detail

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zizer said:
Malkierian said:

the latter (edit) can be more detail

lol he DOPED IOS41
laugh.gif

sinno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,i am on a 4.3 wii,i have everything installed thru ios236,i am also using d2x v7,i want to dump the nand for nand emulation with wiiflow,the recomended on the start screen of the fs dumper is ios 249,should i use that or ios 236

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I tried out this app a while ago and it kept failing when it was trying to dump the latest HBC and it's save file. From every app that I've used, I've had to delete HBC and it's save file first before dumping. But I would assume to use ios236 because last I remember, the dx2 cIOS's do not support certain things like this function from older apps. I forget it all, it was like 6 months ago last time I fooled around with it.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I always use SMW, but honestly never checked how hbc is dumped... when I have some time I will try both and check the result.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
SMW gave me issues too. Could possibly be just my nand dump, but I highly doubt it with zero bad blocks and the nand being one that was done by punes nand builder and also comex's nand formatter.

Like I said, I had to remove the latest HBC and it's save file for any of the nand dumpers to work.

I think the reason being (although I did not bother looking deeply into it) is that the title ID of HBC consists of illegal characters when trying to put onto a fat32 or NTFS partition.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, that sentence does not seem to make enough sense since the folders are save in hex representation format, so still legal. But it was something about HBC and it's save file. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this.

But try it out anyways and post your results.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Simple FS Dumper for me works in any of the three modes. But I've tryed it just for testing different nand images with postloader.

If I need to make a dump of my wii, I go straight to bootmii.

sinno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the dump started great with ios236,i then got a error;fopen(sd//title/lots of numbers/data/79.H>C)returned 0
Do you want to continue anyway
Would this be the homebrew causing the problem you mentioned DeadlyFoez
Or does it matter and just continue anyway

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sinno said:
the dump started great with ios236,i then got a error;fopen(sd//title/lots of numbers/data/79.H>C)returned 0
Do you want to continue anyway
Would this be the homebrew causing the problem you mentioned DeadlyFoez
Or does it matter and just continue anyway
That file has a > in the name, which isn't allowed on NTFS or FAT filesystems. That file is what is causing the issue. It is quite possibly related to HBC's anti-scam systems to prevent a valid WAD of HBC being created (without that file, I would assume it would cause the spam warning to appear). If the FS dumper were to ignore it (which it could conceivably be hard coded to do I guess), it should work, but not dump a valid HBC.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason my nand extractor seems to work for these files is because it replaces those illegal characters in filenames. so, you get the actual file, but with the wrong name or path. anything that tries to access that file using its correct name will not be able to find it.

if you tell it to extract to a filesystem that supports these characters, you can disable the replacement of the characters and get the correct names.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo