myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
I've an 32gb EUR 5.5.2 WiiU. Successful install HAXCHI over DS title.

- Install a game using 'WiiU usb helper' on internal WiiU disk. I hope this method is the so called Brazilian Method, but i'm wrong.
- This game, after first launch, return an error : "This software cannot be used. The Nintendo Network ID used to purchase the software has been deleted."

Now i'm reading step 5 from this guide and try to understand the importance of sigpatching.

Can you suggest me next steps to avoid brick risk, and obtain proper softmod, for my WiiU ?

Thank you for your time,
m.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You should install Haxchi or CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi).
If you do Haxchi only you'll need to launch Haxchi every time you boot the system and want to play a game or dlc that requires sigpatches.
CBHC doesn't need to be launched on every boot but has the risk of a brick if you (or someone else using your Wii u) does something stupid like formats the system.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I've an 32gb EUR 5.5.2 WiiU. Successful install HAXCHI over DS title.

- Install a game using 'WiiU usb helper' on internal WiiU disk. I hope this method is the so called Brazilian Method, but i'm wrong.
- This game, after first launch, return an error : "This software cannot be used. The Nintendo Network ID used to purchase the software has been deleted."

Now i'm reading step 5 from this guide and try to understand the importance of sigpatching.

Can you suggest me next steps to avoid brick risk, and obtain proper softmod, for my WiiU ?

Thank you for your time,
m.
you have to purchase the vc game from the eshop you cannot pirate it

myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you both for reply,
I've installed my DS title from eshop without pirating it. I downloaded for free, this game was included in my 32gb WiiU, I didn't need to pay for it.

Now i do this:
Boot wiiu menu run game directly from WiiU dash

Now reading about 'SIGN PATCHER', but I don't want my son run a software every time he want to play a game.

m.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for reply,
I've installed my DS title from eshop without pirating it. I downloaded for free, this game was included in my 32gb WiiU, I didn't need to pay for it.

Now i do this:
Boot wiiu menu run game directly from WiiU dash

Now reading about 'SIGN PATCHER', but I don't want my son run a software every time he want to play a game.

m.
well once you have haxchi installed use it to launch the homebrew launcher then install cbhc Coldboot haxchi though there are risks i suggest looking a bit up about it because 90% of wii u bricks have to do with cbhc mistakes

myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't understand.
Read more guides and they specify the fact that run HAXCHI reboot my WiiU with sign patch activated.
But when i run HAXCHI it starts Homebrew Launcher, and I can't run any game from there...

I'm a bit lost...

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can't understand.
Read more guides and they specify the fact that run HAXCHI reboot my WiiU with sign patch activated.
But when i run HAXCHI it starts Homebrew Launcher, and I can't run any game from there...

I'm a bit lost...
Hold b while launching Haxchi. It should return to home menu and you should be able to launch the game you downloaded with usb helper

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't set up HaxChi to boot with sigpatches (CFW)

You have 2 options

1. Setup HaxChi to boot CFW (You'll have to tap HaxChi first every time you boot your Wii u)
2. Setup CBHC (ColdBootHaxChi) so it "taps" HaxChi for you on every boot.

Just make a full nand backup before you try.

Read the community guide that you look linked. Pick your options then follow the steps. Come back here if you get lost.

Be sure to try option 1 first. If HaxChi doesn't work and you try option 2 (CBHC) YOU WILL BRICK

Last edited by Kafluke,

myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for reply. I speak with my 6yo son and explain how run Haxchi. Hold B is the solution for him.

Is there any way to force Haxchi to return to WiiU dash and not run Homebrew Launcher ?
(eg: modify its txt file)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you for reply. I speak with my 6yo son and explain how run Haxchi. Hold B is the solution for him.

Is there any way to force Haxchi to return to WiiU dash and not run Homebrew Launcher ?
(eg: modify its txt file)
Yes. Make the config.txt for example like this:
a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
default=sysmenu
and reinstall Haxchi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ