Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file says 15.0.0. Are you sure that's the right file?
15.0.0 and 15.0.1 were almost identical outside a few bad words listed and something else minor. It didn’t change the underlying patches in any way so 15.0.0 Sigpatches are still good.

wojeli6073

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies in advance if I have missed this info in the thread but any help is much appreciated.

Are sigpatches for firmware 15.0.x still considered beta or are we pretty solid at this point? I am trying to understand the pros and cons of going to 15 vs latest 14?

I am coming from an older version of atmosphere and hekate and understand most of what to cleanup from this chain but am confused about the nogc patches. I saw that btc.ini is no longer supported and I don't see any deafult_nogc kip files. What do I need to do moving forward? Do I delete the previous deafult_nogc folder? What do I need to change for settings? I actually have two switch consoles each with game cartridges on differing versions of firmware, I would like to continue to block firmware updates so I can preserve the ability to rollback to earlier firmware but would also like to understand what my options are.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies in advance if I have missed this info in the thread but any help is much appreciated.

Are sigpatches for firmware 15.0.x still considered beta or are we pretty solid at this point? I am trying to understand the pros and cons of going to 15 vs latest 14?

15.0.1 (and the Sigpatches provided for it in this thread) are super solid.

No issues whatsoever.

No pros for going to 15.0.1 just yet…no games require it (that I’m aware of.)

I am coming from an older version of atmosphere and hekate and understand most of what to cleanup from this chain but am confused about the nogc patches. I saw that btc.ini is no longer supported and I don't see any deafult_nogc kip files. What do I need to do moving forward? Do I delete the previous deafult_nogc folder? What do I need to change for settings? I actually have two switch consoles each with game cartridges on differing versions of firmware, I would like to continue to block firmware updates so I can preserve the ability to rollback to earlier firmware but would also like to understand what my options are.

Nogc settings are in two places:

1) atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...configurations.md#configuring-nogc-protection

2) /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate#hekate-global-configuration-keysvalues-when-entry-is-config

wojeli6073

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Do I still need the folder and contents:
atmosphere\kip_patches\default_nogc
or is this now obsolete (I dont see this in any of the current atmosphere or sigpatches downloads).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or is this now obsolete (I dont see this in any of the current atmosphere or sigpatches downloads).

Recommend moving/renaming both /atmosphere/ and /bootloader/ to /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk respectively and then following this guide:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

We’re getting a bit off the topic of Sigpatches so if you have further questions let’s move it over to Switch Noob Paradise

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Are solid since long time ago, just read the OP and you will find all the info, is there.
Post automatically merged:

buddy, you really should read the guides pointed by Binky, reading will save you of lots of pain.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: binkinator

notSoMadHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this question is inappropriate.

I'm trying to run the status monitor overlay, and I note that with the sigpatches from rentry, core 3 shoots to 100% when running the overlay, which makes the overlay unresponsive until reboot, or if I turn on flight mode. Similarly, if i turn on flight mode, I can use the overlay fine. I can confirm the removal of my sigpatches means the overlay works without needing to toggle flight mode. Is this something that can be fixed? At this point, I'm mostly curious to know. I think the culprit is 'nfim_ctest', i don't really know what these patches for, and if i can delete them.

CartoonPeacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having some issues with these sigpatches for some reason and can't figure out why when they actually used to work just fine.
Was playing Persona 5 one day when the game just suddenly froze, no explanation given, had to restart. Then my entire microSD card probably got corrupted I guess because every game seemed to crash/freeze/or was corrupted somehow. Went and got a new one, installed Atmos and sigpatches like normal, but while Atmos and Hekate work just fine now the sigpatches don't seem to work and the Switch keeps claiming the games I installed are corrupted despite having the correct files. Tried deleting everything and installing it again but the error seems to be the same. This is on 15.0.0 as well.

And the sigpatches are from here and people are saying they work and I'm sure they do, I'm just not sure why my Switch is not recognizing them when things were golden like weeks ago until the sudden freeze out of nowhere etc.
I've done this a lot too and never had this problem til now so again I'm not sure if I just made a small mistake that made it suddenly unable to read them properly or not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having some issues with these sigpatches for some reason and can't figure out why when they actually used to work just fine.
Was playing Persona 5 one day when the game just suddenly froze, no explanation given, had to restart. Then my entire microSD card probably got corrupted I guess because every game seemed to crash/freeze/or was corrupted somehow. Went and got a new one, installed Atmos and sigpatches like normal, but while Atmos and Hekate work just fine now the sigpatches don't seem to work and the Switch keeps claiming the games I installed are corrupted despite having the correct files. Tried deleting everything and installing it again but the error seems to be the same. This is on 15.0.0 as well.

And the sigpatches are from here and people are saying they work and I'm sure they do, I'm just not sure why my Switch is not recognizing them when things were golden like weeks ago until the sudden freeze out of nowhere etc.
I've done this a lot too and never had this problem til now so again I'm not sure if I just made a small mistake that made it suddenly unable to read them properly or not.
Did you check to see if either the old or new SD cards are fake? If not, you should use a tool like FakeFlashTest to test their validity. It doesn't matter where you bought them because even reputable sellers like Amazon have sold fakes before. Also, how were the SD cards formatted?

Reactions: impeeza

CartoonPeacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you check to see if either the old or new SD cards are fake? If not, you should use a tool like FakeFlashTest to test their validity. It doesn't matter where you bought them because even reputable sellers like Amazon have sold fakes before. Also, how were the SD cards formatted?
They're formatted with exFAT which from what I read does have a lot of corruption problems with the Switch but I didn't have anything at the time that would've installed anything above 3 GB efficiently so yes, the corruption problem very well may have been on me being stubborn and not wanting to go to FAT32. (If I can find out the root of this sigpatches problem though I may as well just format it to FAT32 and use TinWoo's install thru USB HDD option since I already lost my saves and etc. on my last SD card but did back it up so it's not a total loss anyways.)

They're from the official manufacturer (Samsung etc.) so I don't think that's the issue. The exFAT stuff? Yeah, that very well may have been on me so I can take the blame for it.

I'll edit this post to include screenshots on how everything looks in there when I can get around to it because that could be the cause too for all I know.

EDIT: Here's how it all looks like in there. Lmk if there's anything outdated/etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 154406.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 154406.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-01-05 154511.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 154511.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-01-05 154541.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 154541.png
    10 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by CartoonPeacock,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're formatted with exFAT which from what I read does have a lot of corruption problems with the Switch but I didn't have anything at the time that would've installed anything above 3 GB efficiently so yes, the corruption problem very well may have been on me being stubborn and not wanting to go to FAT32. (If I can find out the root of this sigpatches problem though I may as well just format it to FAT32 and use TinWoo's install thru USB HDD option since I already lost my saves and etc. on my last SD card but did back it up so it's not a total loss anyways.)

They're from the official manufacturer (Samsung etc.) so I don't think that's the issue. The exFAT stuff? Yeah, that very well may have been on me so I can take the blame for it.

I'll edit this post to include screenshots on how everything looks in there when I can get around to it because that could be the cause too for all I know.

EDIT: Here's how it all looks like in there. Lmk if there's anything outdated/etc.
Well if both SD cards were formatted to exFAT, then corruption is the most likely cause. You don't even need files that exceed 4 GB to trigger the corruption; any usage of CFW and/or homebrew will cause it. Theoretically, this issue can even trigger on unhacked consoles but those users don't need exFAT to use their consoles and since the Switch doesn't come with exFAT support out of the box, its meant as a way to dissuade exFAT usage and save a bit of money on licensing from Microsoft. Even if the card is from Samsung themselves, its still worth ruling out if its a fake or not.

CartoonPeacock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if both SD cards were formatted to exFAT, then corruption is the most likely cause. You don't even need files that exceed 4 GB to trigger the corruption; any usage of CFW and/or homebrew will cause it. Theoretically, this issue can even trigger on unhacked consoles but those users don't need exFAT to use their consoles and since the Switch doesn't come with exFAT support out of the box, its meant as a way to dissuade exFAT usage and save a bit of money on licensing from Microsoft. Even if the card is from Samsung themselves, its still worth ruling out if its a fake or not.
Yeah I've heard that if you use homebrew on your Switch and you use exFAT then you basically run the risk of corruption every single time. Again I don't really have anyone else to blame but myself for doing Russian roulette like that but it was a pain in the ass for me for a while to install certain games.

Installed FakeFlashTest and am running on both of the SD cards to see if that's the issue. It takes like a half hour for it to finish the test though so I'll just edit the results in later.

EDIT: Tested both of them. Other than the exFAT issue I said earlier they're both legit.

Last edited by CartoonPeacock,
Reactions: Draxzelex

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's not just a risk. It will corrupt 100%. Don't ask me how i know... Stock firmware works fine and reliably with exFAT.
nop Stock Firmware do not works fine with exFAT, is equal prone to corruptions like on CFW, because the culprit of the corruption is the NINTENDO driver on OFW, could be you "felel" what the corruption happens more often on CFW because if you are on CFW you trend to do more things on the console, but the chance are equal.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm aware the bug is in Nintendos firmware but only homebrew does trigger the bug. Never heard of anyone having issues with exFAT on stock including me.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not solely homebrew, (but it does mainly happen withomebrew) essentially if your system crashes requiring a hard reboot, there's a high chance it can become corrupt. I cant remember exact details but it has to do with how exfat caches/allocates data before it written to the sd card, so if your system crashes in the middle of messing with something, high chance it could corrupt.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It can happen in stock firmware with official software, it's probably just much less common because there's much less frequent write access to the SD card (screenshots & installing games, anything else?), so the chances of crashes while writing are low. It has happened to people tho, it's just not seen as that big a deal, I expect Nintendo are like "oh that's a bummer, reformat your card and redownload your games, leave us alone".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp