Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Maestrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No no no tampering is fine it's just people who rightfully know they have 0% clue on what they are doing tamper with it then ask to literally be spoon fed every single step.
Say someone understood 60%-75% of what they're doing then it's fine since we would just need to say "Oh do etc and etc" and that would be the end and generally these people would search the forums for the same problem before making another useless thread.
Tampering is what brought us the exploits , nothing but trial and error but one thing is certain: The people who found the exploits knew fully what they was doing.

Yeah I mean people who understood 0% of the terms used in guides and forums, and literally tried to fix things themselves and ended up with a brick and go off to people asking for help, where there is probably a forum where someone had the same problem anyways.

Reactions: TariqSoftDev

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this hedgeberg b9 talk is getting really annoying.

Most people here just want sighax without actually knowing the differences to a9lh.
After finally understanding it's not viable without b9 dumped they cry they want the bootrom, without knowing what to do with it.

Just to make a couple things clear:
1. The bootrom does not need to be public to achieve sighax. It is technically possible that a person who has the bootrom privately creates a sighax signature that could be used publicly.
2. Hedgeberg is not going to release the Bootrom due to legal issues. I did not make that up he actually said it on stream.
3. You don't achieve anything by shouting at hedgeberg. He won't work faster - it will likely demotivate him to do anything in public.

So stop shouting at hedgeberg to get bootrom faster - 90% of the people in this thread wouldn't even know what to do with it anyway.
He may release something that let's people dump it with a simple setup, after he worked everything out. (Source: His Stream)
Please just wait for someone to work out Sighax for the public and you're good.

And if you want to shout at someone or spam someone for bootrom just for the sake of doing so... why don't you spam someone who actually has the bootrom already? (There are multiple people who do)
Great... Starting to have doubts of sighax being released. All hopes and hypes gone to waste. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, quick question on the arm11 bootrom. I know that the arm9 bootrom is most crucial to dump and create the perfect sighax signature, but does the arm11 bootrom if it got dumped and exploited for beneficial purposes be worth it? I've heard it offers so little that it won't really matter. Also, would it be possible to have A9LH & sighax both installed on a hacked 3ds console at the same time? Like in case if one fails, I can run CFW from the other and such. :P

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great... Starting to have doubts of sighax being released. All hopes and hypes gone to waste. :(

Also, quick question on the arm11 bootrom. I know that the arm9 bootrom is most crucial to dump and create the perfect sighax signature, but does the arm11 bootrom if it got dumped and exploited for beneficial purposes be worth it? I've heard it offers so little that it won't really matter. Also, would it be possible to have A9LH & sighax both installed on a hacked 3ds console at the same time? Like in case if one fails, I can run CFW from the other and such. :P
As I understand it arm11 is just userland so just homebrew stuff. Nothing exciting. No one cares. a9lh & sighax live in firm0/1. You can't shove them both in there. It's like trying to get two normal sized people to wear a normal sized pair of jeans at the same time. Won't fit.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

People have speculated that the ARM11 bootrom contains DSi-specific keys because of twlbg.

Sighax replaces a9lh. They install to the same location.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
yeah as long as the system wasn't bricked by installing a corrupt nand backup/ bad a9lh build (unless you still have the plaintext a9lh firm) or nand backup from a different system, then yeah you could manually go through each firm until you find the right one

I had a system do that once and I'd why I just restored a nand backup and it worked fine, I assume it was just some configuration file read at startup was corrupt as once I restored the nand backup it worked fine, so yeah a sight install plus ctrtransfer would probably work
This kind of black screen https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-boo...-potentially-fixing-with-nand-dumping.371774/

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it arm11 is just userland so just homebrew stuff. Nothing exciting. No one cares. a9lh & sighax live in firm0/1. You can't shove them both in there. It's like trying to get two normal sized people to wear a normal sized pair of jeans at the same time. Won't fit.
Ahh dang. I guess I will have to make up my mind which CFW based installation to choose. Like how A9LH was once not as stable and developed as it is today, sighax will most likely go through the same thing.

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a side note, Lenovo laptops built in sd reader detects nand as mmc card and transfers at 4mb/sec while my MacBook Pro transfers at 980kb/sec go figure. My nand writes take 2 min.

D

Deleted User

Guys don't be so happy about SIGHax as you can only hack your 3DS completely through SIGhax when you have a HARDMOD, which is rather difficult for some new comers and those people who do not have any idea about soldering! Remember that HARDMOD can be FATAL and can cause various BootROM errors (Blue Screen Errors), but I guess SIGHAX could FIX it.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys don't be so happy about SIGHax as you can only hack your 3DS completely through SIGhax when you have a HARDMOD, which is rather difficult for some new comers and those people who do not have any idea about soldering! Remember that HARDMOD can be FATAL and can cause various BootROM errors (Blue Screen Errors), but I guess SIGHAX could FIX it.

you don't need a hardmod, you need nand r/w (dsiwarehax, hardmod, a9lh, or on a firmware below 11.3)

Kyousak

Also known as VVSKartell
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiwarehax is going to be working too
Edit: Ninja'd

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When the exploit people are talking about here comes out, you can install cfw on an 11.3 3ds. It's rumored to come out soon, but nobody is entirely sure. BUT!!! This will only work if you have a second 3ds with cfw already installed to system transfer from!
Or a hardmod. But frankly, it's user choice.

buy a dsiware game, inject legends of exidia, inject save file, system transfer to unhacked 3ds, run homebrew software which now has nand rw access.
Wait a minute. Don't forget all unsigned stuff has to be deleted from the NAND. Otherwise, you won't be able to perform a System Transfer.

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or a hardmod. But frankly, it's user choice.

Wait a minute. Don't forget all unsigned stuff has to be deleted from the NAND. Otherwise, you won't be able to perform a System Transfer.

Wouldnt that be on the Non-CFW 3ds? On the transfer is complete?

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was pretty sure the System Transfer would just ignore the unsigned titles? I am confused now
The whole reason behind purchasing a legitimate copy of a Nintendo DSiWare Title is because unsigned Titles on the NAND won't be transferred to another Console unless there's a way to disable signature check during System Transfer which we don't have now.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The whole reason behind purchasing a legitimate copy of a Nintendo DSiWare Title is because unsigned Titles on the NAND won't be transferred to another Console unless there's a way to disable signature check during System Transfer which we don't have now.
Oh wait now you're making sense xD yeah I knew about this. I thought you were saying something else, sorry my mistake :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night